Razor Blades.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I should say that I do touch up the neck line and cheeks every 7-10 days (should be more often, but whatever) but I just use a Gillette fusion. For as little as they get used, they last forever
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:44 am My goodness that was a sexy video ! Machinery is so damn cool and that brand blade is a good one

When I was out of the Navy , I promised myself to not shave as much . I shave every 3 days , more or less . I hate the feeling if it goes past three days . Hell ,I hate a day or two but I tolerate it . Ive tried pretty much everything over the years and Im sold on DE for some time . Took me a few brands to find the best all around blade , which for me is Bic Chrome Platinum .

Made by Greeks . I dont know what it is about their blade ... edge angle , steel , coating , correct sharpness , all those combined ? They must be made in the oracle of Delphis lair
I am reasonably sure I know what you did in the Navy but can you remind me? I was an HM2 for 7 years, getting out at 10. It is hard to get promoted in a peacetime navy--none of the higher ups are getting killed. The Cold War was over so the forces were drawing down.

In other news, I do have blades like that made in India, of all places. I defer to my Gillette Mach 3. It is totally overpriced but I don't have to pay as much attention to what I am doing since I am usually daydreaming while I do anything.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I had no idea you were in the Navy @Citizen B you are the most interesting man on PSF for sure
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:23 pm I had no idea you were in the Navy @Citizen B you are the most interesting man on PSF for sure
Don't sell yourself short, Abe.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:00 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:44 am My goodness that was a sexy video ! Machinery is so damn cool and that brand blade is a good one

When I was out of the Navy , I promised myself to not shave as much . I shave every 3 days , more or less . I hate the feeling if it goes past three days . Hell ,I hate a day or two but I tolerate it . Ive tried pretty much everything over the years and Im sold on DE for some time . Took me a few brands to find the best all around blade , which for me is Bic Chrome Platinum .

Made by Greeks . I dont know what it is about their blade ... edge angle , steel , coating , correct sharpness , all those combined ? They must be made in the oracle of Delphis lair
I am reasonably sure I know what you did in the Navy but can you remind me? I was an HM2 for 7 years, getting out at 10. It is hard to get promoted in a peacetime navy--none of the higher ups are getting killed. The Cold War was over so the forces were drawing down.

In other news, I do have blades like that made in India, of all places. I defer to my Gillette Mach 3. It is totally overpriced but I don't have to pay as much attention to what I am doing since I am usually daydreaming while I do anything.
Landing Craft for a time and some other time some weird shit
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:32 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:00 pm

Landing Craft for a time and some other time some weird shit
Nothing to talk about, shipmate.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Just recieved my first Aftershaves that you can’t get at a supermarket. And boy do they smell good. I’m usually an Old Spice/Aqua Velva man but these cost me $20 shipped for both. 10% off and Free Shipping

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Pinaud Clubman for me. Chicks dig that bottle of barbershop freshness.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:20 pm Pinaud Clubman for me. Chicks dig that bottle of barbershop freshness.
I've used Clubman for years.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

I’ve had a beard since 2016 or so (previous jobs wouldn’t allow it). But I do shave my neck and line up the edge of my beard. I found an old Gillette safety razor in an antique store for about 10 bucks. Purchase German blades on Amazon. Best shave I’ve ever had. It’s funny to see all of these newer razors with 7 blades that don’t give nearly as close of a shave as a single blade. Plus they always dulled fast and were expensive.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”