Razor Blades.

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:49 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:07 am Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I’m free at last!
I take it you shaved?
No
Agh..I get it now, it's the reverse. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm I've had this brush and stand for about 8 years now,
Doug Erwin made it for me. Nothing fancy here in terms of grooming. I've never bought or used disposable razors.
Very nice. I didn’t know doug made shaving equipment as well. I’m sure you have some real shave soap close by.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:49 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:07 am Free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty, I’m free at last!
I take it you shaved?
No
Attaboy. That thing is a keeper
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:02 pm I've had this brush and stand for about 8 years now,
Doug Erwin made it for me. Nothing fancy here in terms of grooming. I've never bought or used disposable razors.
Once I get my new lathe I want to make some of those razor handles and brushes
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:24 pm
Very nice. I didn’t know doug made shaving equipment as well. I’m sure you have some real shave soap close by.
Yes, he had a few manly items for sale at one point. I haven't used soap in a while, I think this is my third consecutive can of Barbasol.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:30 pm
Put me down for one each.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:42 pm
Put me down for one each.
Got you
Jlando19

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:15 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:23 pm I thought maybe I posted this somewhere here before but I don’t remember. This is my second most used method of shaving. This kamisori uses replaceable blades. The ones I have now were told to me to be the second sharpest blade on the face of the earth. Lol.
That is very interesting. Is it Japanese?
Yeah! It’s made by a company that makes a lot of edged things called KAI. I was going to save up for a custom hand forged one but I reeled in my excitement on that idea. This one was spendy as it is. It’s crazy how close I can get with it. I have another traditional straight razor and a safety razor like the one @Tsal posted with a very similar stand. I also have two electric razors for when I gotta clean up quick and don’t have the time to go through the whole ritual.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Jlando19 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:55 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:15 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:23 pm I thought maybe I posted this somewhere here before but I don’t remember. This is my second most used method of shaving. This kamisori uses replaceable blades. The ones I have now were told to me to be the second sharpest blade on the face of the earth. Lol.
That is very interesting. Is it Japanese?
Yeah! It’s made by a company that makes a lot of edged things called KAI. I was going to save up for a custom hand forged one but I reeled in my excitement on that idea. This one was spendy as it is. It’s crazy how close I can get with it. I have another traditional straight razor and a safety razor like the one @Tsal posted with a very similar stand. I also have two electric razors for when I gotta clean up quick and don’t have the time to go through the whole ritual.
Can you please share a link to this? I am very intrigued but I am not exactly sure what I am looking at. Thank you in advance. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I’ll take a razor stand. My one from Amazon is peeling like crazy.