Heeeellllllppppp!!!

rlucas
Member in Good Standing

If this is in wrong fodum pls move.
Was done smoking my new knock around pipe. Knocked out the dottle in to the palm of my hand, then this
Broke in to 3 pieces. Can if be fixed?
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

You came to the right place. The stem probably isnt worth repair. However, see if any of your current pipe stems fit it and just roll with it. Or you can get a custom made stem for it if you really want.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

rlucas wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:09 pm If this is in wrong fodum pls move.
Was done smoking my new knock around pipe. Knocked out the dottle in to the palm of my hand, then this
Broke in to 3 pieces. Can if be fixed?
Totally repairable. New tenon in the stem and you're up & running. Contact briarville. And stop knocking your pipes, use a pick :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Throw it away and buy another. It's repairable but is it really worth all that saving? The chamber is dogged out.
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:52 pm Throw it away and buy another. It's repairable but is it really worth all that saving? The chamber is dogged out.
I think it’s brand new!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:55 pm
Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:52 pm Throw it away and buy another. It's repairable but is it really worth all that saving? The chamber is dogged out.
I think it’s brand new!
I see what appears to be a hammered rim and thin walls like an estate. I could be wrong.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:05 pm
I think it’s brand new!
I see what appears to be a hammered rim and thin walls like an estate. I could be wrong.
I prefer thin walls like that. Yes the rim is a bit haggard, but it has character
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive spent time on euphoric enhancers in my youth so I dont always s trust what I see but I only see one broken piece .

If there is actually one broken piece then that one piece will only fit perfectly back on .. one way .
Get a white marker or something that you can mark the tenon with once you find the spot it goes back on perfectly .
Mark a line across the crack so the mark is on both sides
Separate and carefully use an adhesive and put back together with the lines matched up and hold it till its dry
its not easy and chances are youll still be off a tiny bit .

Its best to be sober , imho , but whatever keeps you focused and still is where you want to be

Ive done this a number of times and have pretty good luck and sometimes not so good luck

If you do have good luck and you get it back together and smoke it and everything seems fine . Try to not take the stem out because its never gonna be on there like new . Chances are it will bust at the crack in the future or near future in the same spot

Best thing is to send it off to someone whos hot shit . Ive used Norwoods forever but there's a number of folks .

I like @Piping Abe mention of seeing if another stem will fit .... sometimes ya get lucky . I had a random stem fit almost perfect one of my Uncles old pipes and its been on there 25 years and I love that . Its a touch shorter than the original but whatever , ya know
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:12 pm

I think it’s brand new!
I prefer thin walls like that. Yes the rim is a bit haggard, but it has character
I'll make note of that.
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:54 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:12 pm

I'll make note of that.