Its about freaking time !

pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 pm This is what I had bought a while back . I don't recommend it at all but maybe someone figured out the magic missing equation of the degree setting per blade . If so , youre slicker than I am :thumbs:

I own this and have seen great success with it. I’d love to have an electrical version that’s dummy proof and adjusts angles for me but those aren’t cheap.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

pipedrum22 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:43 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:47 pm This is what I had bought a while back . I don't recommend it at all but maybe someone figured out the magic missing equation of the degree setting per blade . If so , youre slicker than I am :thumbs:

I own this and have seen great success with it. I’d love to have an electrical version that’s dummy proof and adjusts angles for me but those aren’t cheap.
I guess I could use mine and start a new angle [ on both sides ] and take it through each grit . But it would take a lot of time . Im just unable to see how the different [ or any ] of the grit bars lay on the blade in order to see if its " level " with whatever angle the blade is at . Anytime I go to lay it on , the angle of teh blade is covered by the grit bar ... at least with my eyes . That thing was the biggest pain in the ass for me , lol . It must work being that theyve sold a crap ton of them
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:03 pm

I guess I could use mine and start a new angle [ on both sides ] and take it through each grit . But it would take a lot of time . Im just unable to see how the different [ or any ] of the grit bars lay on the blade in order to see if its " level " with whatever angle the blade is at . Anytime I go to lay it on , the angle of teh blade is covered by the grit bar ... at least with my eyes . That thing was the biggest pain in the ass for me , lol . It must work being that theyve sold a crap ton of them
I'm telling you dude, a wixey digital angle gauge and sharpie on the edge. It will be dialed in seconds
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Wonder how that would work on my kitchen knives
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Plinsc wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm Yes powered one
I'm glad that's working well for you.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:54 pm

I'm telling you dude, a wixey digital angle gauge and sharpie on the edge. It will be dialed in seconds
You made a video of it , right :) Doooo Itttttt
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:03 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:54 pm

You made a video of it , right :) Doooo Itttttt
Nope. But someone probably has somewhere
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
HSigurdsson

I can sharpen a blade with a stone good enough for general use, but my butchering knives I usually bring to my Amish neighbor. He has a small business sharpening blades and I let him hunt on my land and he sharpens my knives and shoes my horses for free.
I always did these tasks myself until about 5 years ago.
Both are frustrating tasks that I despise.
ncrobb
Founding Member

@Ruffinogold , don’t forget to strop it and get that burr off the edge. Once it’s sharp make it a point to keep it sharp. You can strop it on cardboard, leather belt or even heavy jeans. Just hit it a few strokes every time you use it.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett