The 25-Dollar Clay.

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:25 pm I think I have answered all the questions so far. Thanks for the interest.
We are reading your posts Ron!
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Thank you.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:21 am
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:13 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:25 pm I found a couple more. At least one still missing.
Here's the bowl of one that I haven't smoked.
Do those porcelain pipes smoke hot?
The bowl gets about half as hot as a regular 1700s clay pipe.
Thank ya, sir!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

Here are my German clays. Matthew, the draft holes are in the bottom., 😁

God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 pm Here are my German clays. Matthew, the draft holes are in the bottom., 😁

I like the black one. Why are you calling me by my first name? How do you even know it? Even Mrs. King doesn't call me by my first name.

I find this very disconcerting.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Is this the thread where we talk about ceramic pipes, too?

I was somewhere that had some for $40.00. I can go take a picture the next time I am there. They are all full bent.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:21 pm Here are my German clays. Matthew, the draft holes are in the bottom., 😁

Those are so awesome.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:18 pm

I like the black one. Why are you calling me by my first name? How do you even know it? Even Mrs. King doesn't call me by my first name.

I'm sorry. We have had correspondence in the past and I thought you had posted it. Sorry if I committed a faux pass, Mr. King.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:37 pm

I'm sorry. We have had correspondence in the past and I thought you had posted it. Sorry if I committed a faux pass, Mr. King.
We're both grown men. I was just curious. It really is rare, that's all.

Back to ceramic pipes...

The ones I was looking at were in a head shop next to a place that I frequent. I like the girl who works behind the counter and I went in to chat with her. On my way to the cash register, I noticed four ceramic pipes in the case.

She opened the case. These are hollow-walled ceramic pipes with metal bowls in the inside, most with four or five holes, the main hole being the center hole. I should go back to take a picture. It would be worth a thousand words. I'm sure she won't mind doing this all over again. We are not friends so much as acquaintances. She is from New Jersey. She wants to be an actress.

I do not have PAD but I am very tempted to buy one of these for $40.00. The bowl is quite deep and I would like to see what is under the metal. The bits are not Chinese junk bakelite. These pipes seem to be good quality.

I do not have PAD. I will mull this further.

I don't want to spend $25 for a clay pipe but I am not against spending $40 for a ceramic pipe.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:39 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:37 pm

We're both grown men. I was just curious. It really is rare, that's all.

Back to ceramic pipes...

The ones I was looking at were in a head shop next to a place that I frequent. I like the girl who works behind the counter and I went in to chat with her. On my way to the cash register, I noticed four ceramic pipes in the case.

She opened the case. These are hollow-walled ceramic pipes with metal bowls in the inside, most with four or five holes, the main hole being the center hole. I should go back to take a picture. It would be worth a thousand words. I'm sure she won't mind doing this all over again. We are not friends so much as acquaintances. She is from New Jersey. She wants to be an actress.

I do not have PAD but I am very tempted to buy one of these for $40.00. The bowl is quite deep and I would like to see what is under the metal. The bits are not Chinese junk bakelite. These pipes seem to be good quality.

I do not have PAD. I will mull this further.

I don't want to spend $25 for a clay pipe but I am not against spending $40 for a ceramic pipe.
Metal bowl? Wonder if it is for marijuana