I have a question

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:16 pm This is actually about an old member but I figure more people will read this if I post it here, and, well, it is membership-related. Maybe new members will be cheered to know that if they stick around long enough they will not be forgotten and they will always be welcome back, except for Pipebot 3000. That guy. :?

Anyhow, the unexpected appearance of @Dr Uhaha today got me to thinking about someone else we haven't seen in awhile and I can't remember his name.

I like Dr. Uhaha, especially after he grew up and got his sheepskin and stopped being a frat bro. He was okay as a bro but he excels at being a doctor.

His appearance got me reminiscing about PSF days gone. Those days were years ago, tinged with the golden hue of nostalgia and warm feelings of camaraderie. After a while, though, I realized I was getting the Doctor confused with someone else. That is what I am posting about. I know my question has been a long build-up thus far. Stick with me. Paydirt is up ahead.

I was getting Dr. Uhaha and this other guy confused in my head the same way that I always confuse Piping Abe and somebody else...who is it? It's not Mike Dennison. It is somebody else. It's the guy I sent the knife blank to. He knows who he is. I don't need to cite him. Those two read and comment on everything. That is why I get them confused. Plus, they are both stand up gentlemen. I am sure they are different in person but I always like to see them here.

So, the guy I am wondering about is from Uhaha's time, I think before the pandemic. This guy was nuts in a good way. He was all about time travel and other crazy stuff, totally over the top. He made me look on topic. I think his name was Johnny Danger or something like that. Does anyone remember who I am talking about?
One sure-fire way you can tell @Piping Abe & I apart when we're both on the forums is that he's the younger of us two. Other than that, we're twins.

But I miss some of those guys too. Heck, I miss @Wildcat still.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:30 pm
My only argument with that is in the hunter/gatherer situation everyone was committed because it helped to ensure their own survival. Everyone pitched in for the greater good. Modern man doesn't do that. Everything is someone else's job.
I am going to continue this train of thought off the original topic. If only someone from the future were here to tell us how it is going to turn out.

I don't disagree with you, one bit, but I find that is true that most things are somebody else's job. We have made life so complicated, such is the nature of civilization, that we rely on other people to help us navigate the system. I am not one to rely on expert opion--being an expert means you have a narrow focus--but we have to admit that we rely on other people's knowledge to live our lives in the world we live in. Self check-out kiosks and self-service gas being the exception, New Jersey notwithstanding.

As someone who never minds having someone else take care of things I don't want to know how to do, I am happy to farm out these tasks so that I can focus on the things that I am good at.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.