Selling off pipes .... hmmm ?

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Middle Earth wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:34 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:47 pm
Middle Earth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:54 am

I have one which I would consider parting with.
It was sold to me as a "pot."
I don't care what you call it, it has an incredible draft in my opinion.

I'll buy that thing to help the cause.
The cause is to have far less stuff, tobacco and pipes included.
I am getting closer to operation Clean Sweep going into the action phase.
Going though boxes that I never opened for years today just reinforced my resolve to get closer to sanity.
My first box of free, if you reimburse actual postage after receipt, is happening next week.
If anyone else is interested please shoot me a DM.
I will put some pipes up here before they go off to SP and Blue Room.
Shot you a PM buddy
Middle Earth

Piping Abe wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:00 pm
Going though boxes that I never opened for years today just reinforced my resolve to get closer to sanity.
My first box of free, if you reimburse actual postage after receipt, is happening next week.
Shot you a PM buddy
I got it
I was pleasantly surprised at what was lurking unopened for years in boxes. SP used to put a shipping manifest of the outside of the boxes which was cool.
Found a Rad Davis pipe in a box. That was cool.
Still just a shame to have too much stuff.
Really working towards normalizing my life.
Hopefully others will find joy in my below-average decision making.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Middle Earth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:54 am

I have one which I would consider parting with.
It was sold to me as a "pot."
I don't care what you call it, it has an incredible draft in my opinion.

I'll pay for the pipe and shipping. PM me your PayPal
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Middle Earth wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Shot you a PM buddy
I got it
I was pleasantly surprised at what was lurking unopened for years in boxes. SP used to put a shipping manifest of the outside of the boxes which was cool.
Sent you a PM. Hopefully you get it. Sometimes people don't.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

MikeDennison wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:20 am
Middle Earth wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:10 pm

Shot you a PM buddy
I got it
Sent you a PM. Hopefully you get it. Sometimes people don't.
I got you covered
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

The same thought crossed my mind just the other day. I've got several pipes laid out on the dresser, and some I just don't reach for anymore. It's not because they don't smoke well, but because some just don't look good on this handsome mug. Okay, maybe vice versa, some look too dang good for this blue collar mug. LOL Seriously, though, I prefer clenching and smoking so the heavier pipes in my collection probably need to go...but they're so darn perty.
:bang:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Longshanks wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am The same thought crossed my mind just the other day. I've got several pipes laid out on the dresser, and some I just don't reach for anymore. It's not because they don't smoke well, but because some just don't look good on this handsome mug. Okay, maybe vice versa, some look too dang good for this blue collar mug. LOL Seriously, though, I prefer clenching and smoking so the heavier pipes in my collection probably need to go...but they're so darn perty.
That makes sense . Sometimes tastes change etc ... nothing wrong with bending with the times . I need to figure making a buffer because replacing mine would cost 800 dollars now and thats too steep , so Im gonna rig something to clean up what I have . I figure Ill get a little more if theyre looking as good as they can
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:36 am
Longshanks wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:35 am The same thought crossed my mind just the other day. I've got several pipes laid out on the dresser, and some I just don't reach for anymore. It's not because they don't smoke well, but because some just don't look good on this handsome mug. Okay, maybe vice versa, some look too dang good for this blue collar mug. LOL Seriously, though, I prefer clenching and smoking so the heavier pipes in my collection probably need to go...but they're so darn perty.
That makes sense . Sometimes tastes change etc ... nothing wrong with bending with the times . I need to figure making a buffer because replacing mine would cost 800 dollars now and thats too steep , so Im gonna rig something to clean up what I have . I figure Ill get a little more if theyre looking as good as they can
Did a drill press survive? Get a cheap 6" wheel and arbor set from Amazon for the press. Works fine just takes a little getting used to with the wheel horizontal instead of vertical
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm
Did a drill press survive? Get a cheap 6" wheel and arbor set from Amazon for the press. Works fine just takes a little getting used to with the wheel horizontal instead of vertical
Man , nothing survived . I mean nothing .

Thats not a bad idea because a drill press has belts for multiple speeds . Hell , Id lay it on its side and build a box around it and a " shelf " to stabilize it . Do they have cotton and flannel buffing wheels ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:20 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:23 pm

Man , nothing survived . I mean nothing .

Thats not a bad idea because a drill press has belts for multiple speeds . Hell , Id lay it on its side and build a box around it and a " shelf " to stabilize it . Do they have cotton and flannel buffing wheels ?
Yessir they do. I think it was like $16 for 3 wheels and an arbor
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin