Selling off pipes .... hmmm ?

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Middle Earth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:54 am I have one which I would consider parting with.
It was sold to me as a "pot."
I don't care what you call it, it has an incredible draft in my opinion.

Yeah, that's sharp, I'd have grabbed it too. Love his stems and the dead bottom drilling in the chamber, I prefer the draft dug out from the bottom rather than coming out from up on the side.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:00 pm
Middle Earth wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:54 am I have one which I would consider parting with.
It was sold to me as a "pot."
I don't care what you call it, it has an incredible draft in my opinion.

Yeah, that's sharp, I'd have grabbed it too. Love his stems and the dead bottom drilling in the chamber, I prefer the draft dug out from the bottom rather than coming out from up on the side.
The Ehrlich stack I had was drilled dead center bottom like you describe. I didn't pay enough attention to know if I loved it, but I definitely didn't hate it. Certain blends liked to plug the draft on occasion but a fine smoker overall
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Middle Earth wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:25 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:07 pm
Middle Earth wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:08 pm

Just a downsize from stupid amount of stuff.
Since we cannot sell tobacco on the site it is free. Just would like to receive reimbursement for actual postage after receipt of the box.
The was green-lighted by El Jeffe.
I have a lot of tobacco.
As to the pipes, I will put some up that might be of interest before I send the off.
What brought about this thought ? Seems a bit abrupt ?
?????
Been in the works
Have mentioned it before
It moves about the speed of the package 📦 you should receive in the next 48 hours 🤔

My short term memory sucks . Long term is good though . With any luck Ill be able to go to work every day for the rest of my life and by the time I get home i wont be able to recall any of it .... it'll make work more tolerable and fresh
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:57 pm

?????
Been in the works
Have mentioned it before
It moves about the speed of the package 📦 you should receive in the next 48 hours 🤔

My short term memory sucks . Long term is good though . With any luck Ill be able to go to work every day for the rest of my life and by the time I get home i wont be able to recall any of it .... it'll make work more tolerable and fresh
That is freakin hilarious! I don’t know why but i’m laughing hard at this Image
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:57 pm

?????
Been in the works
Have mentioned it before

Same. Tradesman burnout is a very real thing nowadays
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Well if you want to relieve yourself of any Pete’s, you know who to call 😂
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I wouldn't sell off my pipes. I'd probably give a few away though.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:23 pm The Ehrlich stack I had was drilled dead center bottom like you describe. I didn't pay enough attention to know if I loved it, but I definitely didn't hate it. Certain blends liked to plug the draft on occasion but a fine smoker overall
Learned I prefer that drilling early on, mostly because I was all over Cutty's and Zulu's, hard to cant a bowl forward and drill too high into the chamber. Never liked those Freehands with the extra deep pocket drilled below the draft for smoking soggy tobacco with out gurgle or whatever.
Puff nstuff

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:25 pm
Middle Earth wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:08 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:24 pm

I’d be interested in whatever you have to buy/sell, mainly tobacco. Maybe post a generalized list. Or picture. Whatever works best. Your still pipe smoking just downsizing right?
Just a downsize from stupid amount of stuff.
Since we cannot sell tobacco on the site it is free. Just would like to receive reimbursement for actual postage after receipt of the box.
The was green-lighted by El Jeffe.
I have a lot of tobacco.
As to the pipes, I will put some up that might be of interest before I send the off.
I'd definitely be interested in seeing what's available in order to fill a box...
I would also be interested in helping with this quandry; happy to send along a postage-paid box.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Jeebs

I recently sold off another 1-2 yr collection, mostly commissioned Alden’s , a rubio, few Dunhills & Petes oh.. and 1 yeti This was 4-5th time to sell off thru the yrs My intention’s this time was to purchase mostly factory pipes such as Savinelli, Pete’s etc So far 1 Matakidis & Tendi , but I think the rest will be pipes that i mentioned above , it’s fun too commission pipes from Artisan’s but is it really worth it ? Their prices keep going up and their seems to be so many of them now days
And… Do they really smoke better.. ? Not really !!