Writing Utensils.

ncrobb
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:24 pm Really glad I didn’t fall down this rabbit hole. I chose the Tea Rabbit Hole instead 🤣
My wife fell into the tea rabbit hole but seems to have stopped with Earl Grey. I’m still shoveling dirt out of the fountain pen hole. I’m a bit bigger than a rabbit. My boss gave me an Amazon gift card for Christmas. I have loaded and unloaded my cart half a dozen times with inks of different colors and pens.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

ncrobb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:24 pm Really glad I didn’t fall down this rabbit hole. I chose the Tea Rabbit Hole instead 🤣
My wife fell into the tea rabbit hole but seems to have stopped with Earl Grey. I’m still shoveling dirt out of the fountain pen hole. I’m a bit bigger than a rabbit. My boss gave me an Amazon gift card for Christmas. I have loaded and unloaded my cart half a dozen times with inks of different colors and pens.
Too bad Amazon doesnt sell tobacco
Presby John-Dave

You need a fountain pen and a good, quality journal so you can jot down your tea-sipping experiences. ;)
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Presby John-Dave wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:44 pm
You need a fountain pen and a good, quality journal so you can jot down your tea-sipping experiences. ;)
No way in hell. Its about 8 cups a day on weekends 🤣
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I have a lot of tolerance for nonsense considering where I live and the company that I bump into day-to-day.

I cannot sit through more than less than of a minute of these two clowns. I am in the market for ink but I am not interest in supporting these two. Call me old-fashioned.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

If you're in the market for a very reasonably priced pen that's actually good quality, try the Amazon Basics fountain pen. Writes on the first stroke every time.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:48 pm If you're in the market for a very reasonably priced pen that's actually good quality, try the Amazon Basics fountain pen. Writes on the first stroke every time.
My pants of choice are Amazon Basics black chinos. I have no complaints. I never thought they would have a fountain pen.

Thank you.

Truth be told, I am getting disgruntled with this Pilot Pen that @GatorGirl recommended. The cap isn't tight. That is my main complaint.

The nice thing about a Lamy is that it has a rubber gasket to keep the cap on tight. The Pilot does not. I would try an Amazon Basics fountain pen. I am sure the price will be right.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:45 pm I have a lot of tolerance for nonsense considering where I live and the company that I bump into day-to-day.

I cannot sit through more than less than of a minute of these two clowns. I am in the market for ink but I am not interest in supporting these two. Call me old-fashioned.

Sadly, I have ordered from Goulet Pens. It was a Noodler’s Ink sampler. The side kick is goofy.
ncrobb
Founding Member

ncrobb wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:45 pm I have a lot of tolerance for nonsense considering where I live and the company that I bump into day-to-day.

Sadly, I have ordered from Goulet Pens. It was a Noodler’s Ink sampler. The side kick is goofy.
I should clarify. The order, shipping, transaction with the company couldn’t have been better. They have a lot of info on their website. I don’t mind the Goulet fellow, but when his side kick shows up, I move on. I will say they had a great deal on Sailor 1911s and I wish I’d snagged one.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

ncrobb wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:31 pm
ncrobb wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:49 pm

I should clarify. The order, shipping, transaction with the company couldn’t have been better. They have a lot of info on their website. I don’t mind the Goulet fellow, but when his side kick shows up, I move on. I will say they had a great deal on Sailor 1911s and I wish I’d snagged one.
My experience with Goulet pens has never been anything but positive, either. Great service.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-