Writing Utensils.

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I often like to write by hand. Someone suggested a new fountain pen for me. https://www.ellingtonpens.com/collectio ... ngton-pens

I often write with a fountain pen, but I use a Lamy, which is plastic and costs about 20 bucks. I get them in different colors and mix and match the components, like the Partridge Family pen collection. I misplace things all the time so I like things that are not black. I like brightly colored things that stand out from clutter.

I also carry a Uniball Vision Elite. This is just a line of pens I buy from Office Depot. They have darkly colored inks, black/blue, black/green, black/red, black/yellow, and black/purple. I like how these pens work and I want someone to write something down for me, I do not want to give them my fountain pen. Very few people nowadays know how to write with a fountain pen--they apply too much pressure and bend the nib out of shape.

I also usually carry a wooden pencil when I really want to go acoustic. My pencils are from Japan, they are made by Mitsubishi, the car company. Will wonders never cease? I would walk a mile for a Mitsubishi pencil.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

In my truck I have a ink well and a feather to populate my paperwork.
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

iPad/iPhone here is about all.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Rough notes and first draft, pencil. Corrections, pencil. Second draft and final edits, laptop.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Parker 51 since Grade School . . . Lamy Safari for daily note taking.

Nothing further necessary . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Magic pencil. If you've never heard of them they are worth a look. Also normally carry a 0.9mm traditional automatic pencil and a sharpie or three
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
montag

I take notes with a Pilot Metropolitan at my desk or a disposable fountain pen if I am moving around and may loose or drop it (Varsity or Preppy).
Presby John-Dave

@montag I also have a Pilot Metropolitan and really appreciate how durable they are. I keep a Traveler's Company notebook in a bag with the pen attached to the side. It's all scratched up and dented, but writes as nicely as it did on day one. I've used the Pilot Varsity, too, for on the go.

I tend to keep the Pilot Metro, a Paper Mate Clearpoint Elite .7 mechanical pencil, and a simple Bic ball point pen with me where ever I go. If I'm typing a paper or anything worthwhile, I use my Freewrite Smart Typewriter.
Comes meus fuit in illo miserrimo tempore - Sir Walter Raleigh
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I write so little anymore its a shame . Its so infrequent that when I go to do it , Im not sure to do cursive or print .... its just whichever happens , happens. If Im writing something formal like , then it would be cursive for sure . I keep a Cross type pen in the Van but at the house I have a drawer with basically Bic Click type stuff . I do like a sharpie
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ric03

I don't take notes, other than a TODO folder on my computer. If I'm away from the computer, I use Google Keep to remind me to add something to the TODO folder. For normal analog stuff I use a cheapo Zebra Z-Grip pen.