Latest pipe/tobacco you didnt buy [ lol ]

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I saw in another thread discussion on the topic of PAD restraint ..... and its a real thing , no doubt

I think its excellent celebrating someones latest pipe and tobacco purchase , I do , but there are those times we are near clicking on that sale button and think ... holy smoke , I dont need another pipe right now . I mean , you do need another of course .. but ... not at that moment for whatever reason .

Understand , to deprive yourself of a pipe purchase is dabbling into the realm of the dark one , so lets tread lightly .

Ill give my two latest examples . Just last night tobaccopipes actually had Wessex burley Slice in stock . Anyone that knows anything knows Wessex Burley slice is " the " burley out there .... ah ah ... no doubt about it . Its a wrap [ :) ] ANYWAY .. they had it and I really just wanted another tin is all .. however .. one tin with shipping is a stupid price so I said ... pass .

Now , with pipes its a near every other day occurrence . Ive been starring at pipe shape charts since I was a teenager . Its like a thing from deep in your minds " id "... like looking at a fire at the campsite and not hearing anything anyone says for 10 minutes or more because youre lost in the flames [ this condition could also be alcohol induced ] because it goes right to the basic ' id " of your mind . I look at pipes online almost every day and everyday I see a number Id like to snag . I try to avoid doing it but its pretty hopeless

The latest pipe restraint was a Mastro de Paja .. a nice one . Can I afford it .. yes . But I want to sell off some first before I buy more and I need to snag a drill press to lay on its side to use as a buffer to clean stuff before selling ... which I havent done yet .

This one really grabbed me but I restrained myself . Id make it look good im sure

https://www.tobaccopipes.com/mastro-de- ... -billiard/

The point of this thread , to some , may be proof that we are rational people that can contain certain tendencies . But thats bullshit and we know it . Its more of a somber event and somewhat shameful if not for the definition and existence of the word ... rational .

We are truly caught in the middle of a battle . So , by all means post what you didnt buy because the dark one had a grip on you or whatever it was ..
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Damn it man .... I need to go to sleep soon ... not buying thiz tonight

ric03

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:36 pm Damn it man .... I need to go to sleep soon ... not buying thiz tonight

I've been tempted to buy a different gator many times! (Mind, due to their name, they always appear first when I click on Savinelli pipes). They look so good, it's only a matter of time though :roll:
ric03

I've almost bought one of these, Morgan Bones, a few times now due to their great price.

Does anyone own any of this line? Are they good smokers? And do they darken with age?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:22 pm I didnt just buy this ....

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/esta ... _id=580197

That shape has been on my radar and I didn't buy it either. We deserve a beer!

My restraint started as absolute shit financial situations but it's progressed into a lifestyle of restraint because I just don't need it. I don't need a million pipes and 500lb of tobacco. Hopefully by the end of my days I'll have about 3oz of tobacco left and a few pipes that even the crustiest restorer will recommend tossing into a fire pit. Another side effect of restraint in pipes / tobacco is that I saved up enough coin to buy a tool sharpening set up, a bandsaw, and a lathe. No plans to become a master turner, I just find the process incredibly relaxing and smoke friendly
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

ric03 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:23 am I've almost bought one of these, Morgan Bones, a few times now due to their great price.

Does anyone own any of this line? Are they good smokers? And do they darken with age?
I would sand off the logo. That means I would have to go to the hardware store to buy sandpaper.

I have never bought one of these pipes.

I don't see why it wouldn't age nicely. I rather like the idea. I just don't relish a trip to the hardware store.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

ric03 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:23 am I've almost bought one of these, Morgan Bones, a few times now due to their great price.

Just buy a basket pipe from a local shop instead
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
ric03

Citizen B wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:56 am

I would sand off the logo. That means I would have to go to the hardware store to buy sandpaper.

I have never bought one of these pipes.

I don't see why it wouldn't age nicely. I rather like the idea. I just don't relish a trip to the hardware store.
It's not the best, looks too much like cannabis leaves to me. Would have been better with a little skull and crossbones.

What don't you like going to the hardware store?
ric03

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:18 am

Just buy a basket pipe from a local shop instead
It's not just the price, I do like the look and they look like they'd make good workhorses. I like the idea of them aging too.