A shout out to everyone here

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Yup...all of what you guys have said. I really appreciate PSF...there's a good vibe to this forum. The kindness and generosity of members here is pretty mind-blowing, really. I'm glad to be here. Glad you are all here.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Everyone knows I really like it here at PSF. I have time to devote to the forum so I am usually very quick with responses and such. I feel more like friends here than any other place. It’s pretty sweet.

I hope our small forum continues to grow and maybe even have some members return. Life happens. I left original PSF after a few months due to it. I am glad I found my way back.

I am hoping to in the future dedicate more time to certain topics related to this hobby. Similar to what The Mayor usually does. More like referance material. We’ll see what happens.

I remember when @rekamepip gave me a real phone call to talk about the PBxP2. I was like, this place is different. These connections are authentic. And then when I met the @Ruffinogold at a B&M that was just as awesome.

Long live PSF :buddy:
ric03

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am Everyone knows I really like it here at PSF. I have time to devote to the forum so I am usually very quick with responses and such. I feel more like friends here than any other place. It’s pretty sweet.

I hope our small forum continues to grow and maybe even have some members return. Life happens. I left original PSF after a few months due to it. I am glad I found my way back.

I am hoping to in the future dedicate more time to certain topics related to this hobby. Similar to what The Mayor usually does. More like referance material. We’ll see what happens.

I remember when @rekamepip gave me a real phone call to talk about the PBxP2. I was like, this place is different. These connections are authentic. And then when I met the @Ruffinogold at a B&M that was just as awesome.

Everyone here, I'm sure, appreciates the work you do around here giving advice, you're a bit like the ChatGPT of PSF! (I mean that in a complimentary way, BTW!) I look forward to reading your reference posts, I know I used to read lots of stuff like that on the old forum and it helped lots when I was starting out.
Richard Hanson

Ruffinogold,

I also feel that I have friends here even if I am new and thank you so much for requesting God's Blessings, his will be done and not mine.

Smoking a pipe has changed my life for the better as I have gone back to reading multiple hours a day and stress is greatly reduced. I especially enjoy just being outside instead of in front of the TV or the computer. I will try to post more in the future. I Pray Devine Providence keep you and yours Ruffinogold.

Warmest regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am I met the @Ruffinogold at a B&M that was just as awesome.
I drove through his town by accident. I didn't know it was on my route. I was in the middle of nowhere. I saw the sign at city limits and I realized that he must have be nearby. The hair on my arms stood on end.

Br-r-r-r-r-r.

I pulled on the throttle and got outta town. I had a very long trip ahead of me to get home, after 10 days on the road. While I am usually up for anything that happens serendipitously, my mission was different. Mrs. King was waiting for me. Getting home to see Mrs. King after 10 days or awkwardly popping in on Mr. and Mrs. Ruff out of the blue? The decision didn't even merit a coin toss.

I am glad it worked out for you but I raise my eyebrows at the use of the word, "awesome." :buddy:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Middle Earth wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:09 pm Same
You and the other members here are solid gold.
Great human beings
Good to hear you are feeling groovy as we used to say
And +1 to may God Bless everyone on this forum.
From one John to another John
God Speed
I’ll second that and add another John to John
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:46 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am I met the @Ruffinogold at a B&M that was just as awesome.
I drove through his town by accident. I didn't know it was on my route. I was in the middle of nowhere. I saw the sign at city limits and I realized that he must have be nearby. The hair on my arms stood on end.

Br-r-r-r-r-r.

I pulled on the throttle and got outta town. I had a very long trip ahead of me to get home, after 10 days on the road. While I am usually up for anything that happens serendipitously, my mission was different. Mrs. King was waiting for me. Getting home to see Mrs. King after 10 days or awkwardly popping in on Mr. and Mrs. Ruff out of the blue? The decision didn't even merit a coin toss.

I am glad it worked out for you but I raise my eyebrows at the use of the word, "awesome." :buddy:
Hopefully one day me and @Ruffinogold will make it down your way
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

ric03 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:18 am
Piping Abe wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:04 am Everyone knows I really like it here at PSF. I have time to devote to the forum so I am usually very quick with responses and such. I feel more like friends here than any other place. It’s pretty sweet.

Everyone here, I'm sure, appreciates the work you do around here giving advice, you're a bit like the ChatGPT of PSF! (I mean that in a complimentary way, BTW!) I look forward to reading your reference posts, I know I used to read lots of stuff like that on the old forum and it helped lots when I was starting out.
Thanks buddy. Your holding it down for us in the UK. We had a few more members active here at the beginning of 2023 from the UK. I always enjoy reading UK members post. I’ve been to Ireland, Scotland and England. Few days here and there. I loved it. I would love to spend more time there. I had a lot of photos I lost from my times there when my computer died. Great people. And rich history of pipe smoking!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Br-r-r-r-r-r.

:lol:

Well , it was awesome for me :thumbs: ... is that more believable ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:55 pm

Br-r-r-r-r-r.

:lol:

Well , it was awesome for me :thumbs: ... is that more believable ?
I hung out a couple times with John and the misses when I had a place in TN. Great folks.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett