Super Value Whiskey

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I dont care for whiskey blends , in general . They always bite me . Even the vintage Old Granddad has a little bite ... though its such a great flavor that it doesnt bother me . But really , any other whiskey blends Ive had over the years I really havent enjoyed . But damn it man , this super value whiskey doesnt bite , lights and smokes near brainless and tastes pretty damn good . The flavoring is understated , which maybe why it doesnt bite me , but its enough flavoring I guess , though I wish it had a little more

I only smoke non complicated brainless type blends at work in order that I dont get distracted . Nott that I use my brain at work much anyway , because that would be real work , but just to be sure I dont space off into la la land , ya know

Anyway , this " review " is what it is . Super Value Whiskey is good and , along with their Black and Gold , are two blends that ya cant go wrong with for an easy going not over the top aros
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Never tried any Super Value blends. The first blend I ever bought to try pipe smoking was Peter Stokkebye Highland Whiskey. I didnt get tongue bite and enjoyed it from what I remember. I revisited it a few years ago, because I had to.

It was a decent blend and I tasted the Highland Scotch topping. It tasted like Scotch. If thats what your after, I would say go for it.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey is also good. It doesn’t come wet, it is perfect moisture, burns well and has a good Bourbon note.

I tried the Sutliff Match Bourbon Street, don’t know what they were going for but it didn’t do anything for me.

C&D Redburn, reeked of booze. But it just didn’t click for me. I have no idea why. I didn’t get much taste from it. It is DFK, Burley and probably Virginia in plug form. I would still say try it. It is good enough that they sell it in 1lb bricks. I would try it again at some point.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:27 pm Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey is also good. It doesn’t come wet, it is perfect moisture, burns well and has a good Bourbon note.

I tried the Sutliff Match Bourbon Street, don’t know what they were going for but it didn’t do anything for me.

C&D Redburn, reeked of booze. But it just didn’t click for me. I have no idea why. I didn’t get much taste from it. It is DFK, Burley and probably Virginia in plug form. I would still say try it. It is good enough that they sell it in 1lb bricks. I would try it again at some point.
I still don't like redburn but at least it has some strength. Pennington gap is another that doesn't work for me most of the time but about once a year a half bowl of it is magical. I'll just keep enjoying my small stock of GH sweet whiskey twist for my hootch laced tobacco
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:44 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:27 pm Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey is also good. It doesn’t come wet, it is perfect moisture, burns well and has a good Bourbon note.

I still don't like redburn but at least it has some strength. Pennington gap is another that doesn't work for me most of the time but about once a year a half bowl of it is magical. I'll just keep enjoying my small stock of GH sweet whiskey twist for my hootch laced tobacco
Sweet Whiskey Twist is more like Steak and Potatoes :lol:
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:23 pm Never tried any Super Value blends. The first blend I ever bought to try pipe smoking was Peter Stokkebye Highland Whiskey. I didnt get tongue bite and enjoyed it from what I remember. I revisited it a few years ago, because I had to.

It was a decent blend and I tasted the Highland Scotch topping. It tasted like Scotch. If thats what your after, I would say go for it.
I got some Borkum Riff Whiskey too . I havent popped that pouch yet . I think I had it years ago and didnt care for it but its next in the whiskey Q . I dont see anything undesirable about the SV . It may not be full of whiskey flavor but its super easy all around
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I live off Super Value tobacco so I don't see why Super Value whiskey would be any bad.

How much does it cost?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:23 pm Never tried any Super Value blends. The first blend I ever bought to try pipe smoking was Peter Stokkebye Highland Whiskey. I didnt get tongue bite and enjoyed it from what I remember. I revisited it a few years ago, because I had to.

I really like the Highland Whiskey. I find it has a nice mild whiskey flavor that's not over powering. I might have to get some Borkum Riff and try it or the Super Value blend.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:11 pm I live off Super Value tobacco so I don't see why Super Value whiskey would be any bad.

How much does it cost?
I dont know . I got if from secret santa , along with other stuff . I guess theyre all priced the same . You like the Black and Gold too , dont ya . Any version of black and gold that sutliff makes is excellent . The Sutliff Version , the Backwoods and the SV .... theyre each awesome
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:49 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:11 pm I live off Super Value tobacco so I don't see why Super Value whiskey would be any bad.

How much does it cost?
I dont know . I got if from secret santa , along with other stuff . I guess theyre all priced the same . You like the Black and Gold too , dont ya . Any version of black and gold that sutliff makes is excellent . The Sutliff Version , the Backwoods and the SV .... theyre each awesome
Is the Sutliff Black & Gold similar to the old Middleton Black & Gold?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-