Pipes for sale or trade

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Longshanks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:23 pm I'll take 'em @ncrobb - who can pass up a deal like that. All different shapes and sizes. Perfect additions to the ol' collection.
Great score! :king:
ncrobb
Founding Member

Longshanks wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:23 pm I'll take 'em @ncrobb - who can pass up a deal like that. All different shapes and sizes. Perfect additions to the ol' collection.
I’ll get ‘em boxed up. PM on the way.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Happy to see this. 🎅🏻
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Post Sale Comments: These comments are mainly for new folks who might not know NCRobb. Personal references are always welcome in pipe dealings so I figured I'd take the time to write one.

Anyone who's been around this forum (or the old one) any length of time knows of NCRobb, and you know what kind of guy he is. I remember my first purchase from NCRobb back when I lived in Charlotte, NC. Pretty sure it was also a 7 day set (maybe with a rack?) and we met in person to make the deal. In addition to the collection, he handed me a sample of a blend I believe was called Carolina Red. It was delicious, and it was completely unexpected. I truly appreciated the gesture from a brother of the pipe, and I've carried on that "pay it forward" gesture in my own pipe sales.

Anywhoo, before @Citizen B starts crying into a snot rag over my sappy story, I just wanted to say that the box arrived today. The seven pipes shown in the original sales posting were there and in great shape. Everything was packed well, bubble wrap and paper and all. Unexpected were the drawstring pipe bags for each pipe in the box - not necessarily original matching brand bags, but still... EVERY PIPE had it's own drawstring pipe bag. Also included was a surprise EIGHTH pipe he says he just hadn't gotten around to restoring. He just tossed it in. It's a perfect knock around for the truck, and there's nothing a quick buff and a salt bath can't fix. Button hardly even has any chatter on it. Oh, and it had it's own drawstring bag, too! LOL Then there's the couple ounces of tobacco that smells like a good cavendish blend and a little bit of heaven. Needless to say, it's been an extremely pleasant transaction.

For anyone thinking about buying from NCRobb in the future, I'll finish with this: If this were eBay, my positive comment would be: "Quick ship. Better than described. Good packaging. A++++++++ Seller!"

Thanks, NCRobb! As always, good doing business with ya! :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Longshanks wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:50 pm Post Sale Comments: These comments are mainly for new folks who might not know NCRobb. Personal references are always welcome in pipe dealings so I figured I'd take the time to write one.

Anyone who's been around this forum (or the old one) any length of time knows of NCRobb, and you know what kind of guy he is. I remember my first purchase from NCRobb back when I lived in Charlotte, NC. Pretty sure it was also a 7 day set (maybe with a rack?) and we met in person to make the deal. In addition to the collection, he handed me a sample of a blend I believe was called Carolina Red. It was delicious, and it was completely unexpected. I truly appreciated the gesture from a brother of the pipe, and I've carried on that "pay it forward" gesture in my own pipe sales.

Anywhoo, before @Citizen B starts crying into a snot rag over my sappy story, I just wanted to say that the box arrived today. The seven pipes shown in the original sales posting were there and in great shape. Everything was packed well, bubble wrap and paper and all. Unexpected were the drawstring pipe bags for each pipe in the box - not necessarily original matching brand bags, but still... EVERY PIPE had it's own drawstring pipe bag. Also included was a surprise EIGHTH pipe he says he just hadn't gotten around to restoring. He just tossed it in. It's a perfect knock around for the truck, and there's nothing a quick buff and a salt bath can't fix. Button hardly even has any chatter on it. Oh, and it had it's own drawstring bag, too! LOL Then there's the couple ounces of tobacco that smells like a good cavendish blend and a little bit of heaven. Needless to say, it's been an extremely pleasant transaction.

For anyone thinking about buying from NCRobb in the future, I'll finish with this: If this were eBay, my positive comment would be: "Quick ship. Better than described. Good packaging. A++++++++ Seller!"

I am not crying. I am saluting NCRobb as the solid citizen that I have always known him to be, as reliable as expected.

He and I have never done business but I would not expect anything less based on our non-business interactions.

I am glad it worked out. The drawstring bags are just icing on the cake.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
ncrobb
Founding Member

@Longshanks , thank you for your comments. I am humbled. I hope you have many years of good smokes.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:40 pm
Longshanks wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:50 pm Post Sale Comments: These comments are mainly for new folks who might not know NCRobb. Personal references are always welcome in pipe dealings so I figured I'd take the time to write one.

I am not crying. I am saluting NCRobb as the solid citizen that I have always known him to be, as reliable as expected.

He and I have never done business but I would not expect anything less based on our non-business interactions.

I am glad it worked out. The drawstring bags are just icing on the cake.
You know I've gotta mess with the most stylish guy in the building. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Im glad you got them !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Its true that Rob is an excellent man .. period
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.