Wonka

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Has anyone seen this Wonka movie? The prequel, not the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory versions. I am talking about the new movie in theaters now. I am trying to finagle Mrs. King into seeing a matinee with me. I think we are going Thursday if all works well.

I want to see this movie. I do not think I will like it but I want to see how modern cinema treats the character. As someone who lives a Wonka-esque life, as I am constantly reminded by people who know me, I am curious.

I am sure the movie will make it look easier than it is.

Any reviews? :lurk:

We will be going to Broad Theater. It is around the corner from our house. I was in there the other day to ask about the movie times. I noticed that they have a Rush pinball machine in the lobby. You know I am going to arrive early.

I am told that, if you get high score, the machine plays Red Barchetta.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:38 pm Has anyone seen this Wonka movie? The prequel, not the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory versions. I am talking about the new movie in theaters now. I am trying to finagle Mrs. King into seeing a matinee with me. I think we are going Thursday if all works well.

I want to see this movie. I do not think I will like it but I want to see how modern cinema treats the character. As someone who lives a Wonka-esque life, as I am constantly reminded by people who know me, I am curious.

I am sure the movie will make it look easier than it is.

Any reviews? :lurk:

We will be going to Broad Theater. It is around the corner from our house. I was in there the other day to ask about the movie times. I noticed that they have a Rush pinball machine in the lobby. You know I am going to arrive early.

I am told that, if you get high score, the machine plays Red Barchetta.
It should play limelight instead
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I have not seen it but I will watch it with my Wife when it is free for us. I love the original. Have never seen the remake. My Wife said it is very Tim Burton-esque. I look forward to your review
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:09 pm I have not seen it but I will watch it with my Wife when it is free for us. I love the original. Have never seen the remake. My Wife said it is very Tim Burton-esque. I look forward to your review
I like how you capitalize Wife. That is a very nice touch. She deserves it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:17 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:09 pm I have not seen it but I will watch it with my Wife when it is free for us. I love the original. Have never seen the remake. My Wife said it is very Tim Burton-esque. I look forward to your review
I like how you capitalize Wife. That is a very nice touch. She deserves it.
Agreed Mr King :king:
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I’m waiting for Oppenheimer to be free.

Grandpa Joe was something else. Laid in bed for years, wouldn’t work, and mooched off his daughter, but hopped like a mother effer when he got a chance to go to a chocolate factory!
FJB
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 pm

Grandpa Joe was something else. Laid in bed for years, wouldn’t work, and mooched off his daughter, but hopped like a mother effer when he got a chance to go to a chocolate factory!
I've known people like that. 😁
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ncrobb
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:23 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 pm

I've known people like that. 😁
You beat me to it; as do I.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Tsal
Forum Decorum

He was an effin bum if you ask me. He stole fizzy lifting drinks.
I wish they would just leave the classics alone.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Gene Wilder said he never seen Tim Burtons version of Charlie because he watched the trailer and said he ruined it.
The Troll Whisperer