What Are You Reading?

Riff89

I’m currently reading Dolores Claiborne. I’m on a Stephen King Bender right now. I just finished the shining and just before that was 11/22/63. I was never interested in reading anything by him until I read 11/22/63 I was super impressed with his character development and ability to paint a setting vividly.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:53 am I’ve been wanting to read a book for a long time and now I finally started reading 1984 and it is extremly enthralling. Been staying up late reading it.
I can't tell the difference between the book and real life.
God and Texas!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:30 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:53 am I’ve been wanting to read a book for a long time and now I finally started reading 1984 and it is extremly enthralling. Been staying up late reading it.
Between 1984 and Animal Farm, Orwell almost comes off as a prophet.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
montag

That's a really good book.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Arent you on a cruise ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ronv69 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:30 pm
Make Orwell Fiction Again
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I mostly read non fiction and L. L. as far as fiction . Mostly comics for me . If comics count , then currently ................

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Who is John Galt?

I may move to Argentina.

Here is the transcript of the speech the newly elected president of Argentina gave to the globalist fat cats at Davos. I photocopied it and I have been handing it around:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2024/01/ ... argentina/

Atlas Shrugged. I only read that book for the speeches, the way I only read Playboy for the articles. I like the cut of Javier Milie's jib. I wish all Argentines well.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 pm Who is John Galt?

I may move to Argentina.

Here is the transcript of the speech the newly elected president of Argentina gave to the globalist fat cats at Davos. I photocopied it and I have been handing it around:

Atlas Shrugged. I only read that book for the speeches, the way I only read Playboy for the articles. I like the cut of Javier Milie's jib. I wish all Argentines well.
Pretty much sums it up
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 pm Who is John Galt?

I may move to Argentina.

That was quite a read. I imagine it went over the heads of the audience. Quite good, I thought.
God and Texas!