Shipping Tobacco to Canada problems

Tenthgate

Hi everyone,

I just got a new heart attack on receiving a 175$ shipment of tobacco and being asked for near 600$ of duties and taxes at my door here in Quebec, on top of what i paid for the tobacco and shipping already.

I unfortunately had to reject it at the door and am now wondering if any of you are Canadians and am wondering how you go about getting your tobacco around here.

I do recall back in the day there was one vendor who would low key send the packages under a certain weight and it wouldn't trigger these huge taxes or something like that... maybe 4noggins?

Anyways, it's looking grim for me and this hobby.

I have a couple more tins of old gowry and some McLelland 2020 mixture to keep me going awhile, and there's a shop in Montreal nearby that sells tins for $50 a pop :awesome:

Let me know if any of you are having this sort of experience and what options we have up here,

Tenth
Tsal
Forum Decorum

That is a ridiculous amount of money in taxes.
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Have you considered emigrating? I get the impression that Canadians are welcome everywhere.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:47 pm Have you considered emigrating? I get the impression that Canadians are welcome everywhere.
Not if they voted for Castro’s Son.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ronv69
Founding Member

I believe that the people in Ottawa are the ones that elect the government, much to the chagrin of the middle of the country. Kind of like us.
God and Texas!
Tenthgate

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:22 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:47 pm Have you considered emigrating? I get the impression that Canadians are welcome everywhere.
I think in the final anazlysis, and due to the way there are several parties and weights given, that only something like 11% of the country voted for him, and his staying in office recently was due to some back end deal he made with the smaller party for who knows what kickbacks, to retain power until 2025.

He can't go anywhere here without getting drowned out with boos and such...
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tenthgate wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:15 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:22 pm
I think in the final anazlysis, and due to the way there are several parties and weights given, that only something like 11% of the country voted for him, and his staying in office recently was due to some back end deal he made with the smaller party for who knows what kickbacks, to retain power until 2025.

He can't go anywhere here without getting drowned out with boos and such...
Sounds similar over here.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Best advice I have seen is use 4noggins as you states. But hits about 50/50 if it gets seized. Also, 4Noggins Customer service is terrible. They may not mail out your order for several weeks and they don’t respond to phone calls or emails.

I believe LJ Peretti will also ship anywhere and everywhere if you call.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ive shipped to a few guys in Canada and if its stated on the customs form that its 3 oz or less [ or maybe it was 4 oz or less ] .. and that it was a gift , that it was ok .

However ... 2 things . That was a few years back before that super progesterone ball washer got in office up there .. and ... 3 or 4 oz isnt a lot but it was at least something
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:20 pm

I believe LJ Peretti will also ship anywhere and everywhere if you call.

Yeah, but this guy needs a bootlegger, not somebody on the up-and-up. Piretti hasn't been in business umpteen years to run afoul of Canadian customs agents. Piretti has got to be playing by the book, which means excise taxes will apply.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.