Shipping Tobacco to Canada problems

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:20 pm

I believe LJ Peretti will also ship anywhere and everywhere if you call.

Yeah, but this guy needs a bootlegger, not somebody on the up-and-up. Piretti hasn't been in business umpteen years to run afoul of Canadian customs agents. Piretti has got to be playing by the book, which means excise taxes will apply.
Theyll ship it, but the buyer has to pay all fees if they catch the package. There is nothing illegal about shipping tobacco to Canada
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tenthgate wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:15 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:22 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:47 pm Have you considered emigrating? I get the impression that Canadians are welcome everywhere.
Not if they voted for Castro’s Son.
I think in the final anazlysis, and due to the way there are several parties and weights given, that only something like 11% of the country voted for him, and his staying in office recently was due to some back end deal he made with the smaller party for who knows what kickbacks, to retain power until 2025.

He can't go anywhere here without getting drowned out with boos and such...
Know the feeling.
God and Texas!
Tenthgate

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:29 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:20 pm

Yeah, but this guy needs a bootlegger, not somebody on the up-and-up. Piretti hasn't been in business umpteen years to run afoul of Canadian customs agents. Piretti has got to be playing by the book, which means excise taxes will apply.
xD yup that's what i need, a shady tobacco deal, maybe something by ship that i can collect on a foggy night from an inconspicuous barrel.
Tenthgate

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:20 pm Best advice I have seen is use 4noggins as you states. But hits about 50/50 if it gets seized. Also, 4Noggins Customer service is terrible. They may not mail out your order for several weeks and they don’t respond to phone calls or emails.

Y&ea i think it's 4noggins then that i used to use, something about it not being questioned if the weight is under a certain amount, i'll follow up with them and hope for the best 8-)
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

@Tenthgate , are the guy who lives in Whitehorse?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Unless the laws have changed , which they very well may have , you can legally send a mild amount as a gift with no repercussions . Looking at their customs website was a bit vague of course . I still haven't received an email from them , which isnt surprising
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Tenthgate

Citizen B wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:05 pm @Tenthgate , are the guy who lives in Whitehorse?
Nay, I'm from quebec eastern townships near the border
Tenthgate

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:01 am Unless the laws have changed , which they very well may have , you can legally send a mild amount as a gift with no repercussions . Looking at their customs website was a bit vague of course . I still haven't received an email from them , which isnt surprising
You're right, when I used to make the trip by car it was a 7oz max. That will be my second option, currently contacting rich from 4noggins to see hid take. I recall him being super helpful in the past. Once I figure the method I'm gonna go into systematic stocking mode 🤪 . I need OGS for years to come
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Tenthgate wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:27 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:01 am Unless the laws have changed , which they very well may have , you can legally send a mild amount as a gift with no repercussions . Looking at their customs website was a bit vague of course . I still haven't received an email from them , which isnt surprising
You're right, when I used to make the trip by car it was a 7oz max. That will be my second option, currently contacting rich from 4noggins to see hid take. I recall him being super helpful in the past. Once I figure the method I'm gonna go into systematic stocking mode 🤪 . I need OGS for years to come
I dont think Rich owns 4Noggins anymore. And the new owner never responds to emails. Its best to try and call. But I heard they still dont answer
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Tenthgate

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:45 am
Tenthgate wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:27 am
I dont think Rich owns 4Noggins anymore. And the new owner never responds to emails. Its best to try and call. But I heard they still dont answer
Seems you are right, I can't reach him. Do you know of any Canadians on this forum that would know if the deal is still on?