Whatcha’ Doin 2024

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I do not like it when Mrs. King is out of town. My eccentricities bloom unchecked. Not that anyone is complaining, including yours truly, but, I do need structure in my life and that is what Mrs. King provides. Without Mrs. King my days are all play and no work. It is as bad all work and no play, in its own way.

Be careful what you wish for.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
montag

Enjoying the warm weather and planting some caladiums (Fancy Florida Cardinal).
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Drinking a beer watching Chuck Bronson
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am totally irritated. I know this is not the venue to write this but it is the window that is open. I would much prefer to be writing to someone else, like a friend. Welcome to my world.

So some drunk yahoo comes up to me on his way out the door after gawking at me with his drunk wife for a half hour. They had to go out of their way to reach where I am siting in my usual catbird seat. They had to excuse this leprechaun who was standing next to me to that could get close enough to talk to me.

"Excuse me," the jackass says, "When is your next album coming out?"

I say, "We are not going to talk." I know what he is getting at and I am not interested in engaging.

He started talking some more. It makes no difference to me what he said. I didn't even look up. "I said that you and I are not going to talk and I think you should leave me alone because I am not going to answer you."

I hate being around tourists. I dislike being rude. I do not dislike being stern.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 pm I am totally irritated. I know this is not the venue to write this but it is the window that is open. I would much prefer to be writing to someone else, like a friend. Welcome to my world.

So some drunk yahoo comes up to me on his way out the door after gawking at me with his drunk wife for a half hour. They had to go out of their way to reach where I am siting in my usual catbird seat. They had to excuse this leprechaun who was standing next to me to that could get close enough to talk to me.

"Excuse me," the jackass says, "When is your next album coming out?"

I say, "We are not going to talk." I know what he is getting at and I am not interested in engaging.

He started talking some more. It makes no difference to me what he said. I didn't even look up. "I said that you and I are not going to talk and I think you should leave me alone because I am not going to answer you."

I hate being around tourists. I dislike being rude. I do not dislike being stern.
Gotta bring out the Boston on em
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 pm
I hate being around tourists. .

This is quite true. I make part of my living off them, and the city's economy is basically built on tourism, and I do not mind talking to people to have real conversations about life. I am always happy to talk about the city and be a goodwill ambassador. I dislike being considered a novelty.

When I go out in the real world (which is what I call the rest of America), it doesn't bother me so much that people find me exotic. I am from New Orleans. It is a kind of carte blanche that allows me to do whatever I want to do, much as I do at home.

In New Orleans, I just like being myself and not being bothered. This is why I stay away from the tourist parts of town.

I am in the French Quarter for my own reasons recently. I hate it. Locals know I am local. I have no problem with that. I glide through things like an eel through kelp. It is the tourists who irk me.

No offense.

Come to New Orleans, folks! You know where you should stay. https://labelleesplanade.com
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I just talked to a tour guide who stopped in for a belt before his next tour. He has an entirely different aesthetic than I do. He looks like a bum, but he is wearing a floral scarf and colorfully striped socks, even if his feet are in sandals, which is an idea that fills me with horror.

I complemented on his accoutrements, and vice versa. We are different kinds of gentlemen but we can both recognize quality of character when we see it.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:37 pm
Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 pm
I hate being around tourists. .

This is quite true. I make part of my living off them, and the city's economy is basically built on tourism, and I do not mind talking to people to have real conversations about life. I am always happy to talk about the city and be a goodwill ambassador. I dislike being considered a novelty.

When I go out in the real world (which is what I call the rest of America), it doesn't bother me so much that people find me exotic. I am from New Orleans. It is a kind of carte blanche that allows me to do whatever I want to do, much as I do at home.

In New Orleans, I just like being myself and not being bothered. This is why I stay away from the tourist parts of town.

I am in the French Quarter for my own reasons recently. I hate it. Locals know I am local. I have no problem with that. I glide through things like an eel through kelp. It is the tourists who irk me.

No offense.

Come to New Orleans, folks! You know where you should stay. https://labelleesplanade.com
Your like a clown on Halloween, nothing out of the ordinary. But then Halloween ends and your still in makeup. Except New Orleans is always Halloween, so your in your element. You don’t stand out.

I don’t mean clown as offensive, just an analogy. But you know that.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:43 pm I just talked to a tour guide who stopped in for a belt before his next tour. He has an entirely different aesthetic than I do. He looks like a bum, but he is wearing a floral scarf and colorfully striped socks, even if his feet are in sandals, which is an idea that fills me with horror.

I complemented on his accoutrements, and vice versa. We are different kinds of gentlemen but we can both recognize quality of character when we see it.
Similar to this forum 🤣
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:53 pm
I don’t mean clown as offensive.
I do know that. I do appreciate you making a point of it, however. Thank you. :king:
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.