Smoking in Michigan

Urban Hillbilly

Hello, it's a damp, dreary, cold day in Grand Rapids, Michigan now. The Lion lost, but at least U of M won.

I first smoked a pipe at 18 in college and I'm 55 now. I have dozens of pipes and smoke whenever I don't think my wife will smell it by the time I see her. It's not a secret, but she doesn't like it so it saves me the hassle. Definitely a winter smoker more than summer, and usually while taking a walk or working on a project.

While I know how to do everything and have my favorite tobaccos and pipe styles, I've never gotten into the weeds and think it's about time. I'd like to hang around and read what you're writing and throw out a question now and then.

Looking forward to it.

Bill
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Hello from a reformed NW Ohio resident. This is a great place to kick up your heels and enjoy. It’s bright and sunny here in South Carolina, and haven’t shoveled snow since moving here!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Silver
Certified Codger

Welcome, Bill. From the other side of the state, on Lake St. Clair.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome to PSF, Bill!
The Troll Whisperer
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Welcome to PSF from Southern Georgia friend. Glad to have you here and looking forward to your contributions.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Welcome! Glad to have ya here!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Urban Hillbilly

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm Welcome to PSF from Southern Georgia friend. Glad to have you here and looking forward to your contributions.
Love your signature. I've used that for years. Goes along with "Lower Your Standards." At least where it doesn't matter.

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Urban Hillbilly wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:22 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 pm Welcome to PSF from Southern Georgia friend. Glad to have you here and looking forward to your contributions.
Love your signature. I've used that for years. Goes along with "Lower Your Standards." At least where it doesn't matter.

Theres a famous poet around here that I got it from ;) but yes, it is really the solution I needed everyday
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Welcome to PSF, Bill!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you are here!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017