Toby Keith passed ..

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

... and that sucks . Im no fan of modern country , especially in that last decade , but Keith was a trip and I iked his stuff and his guitar player , whom I cant recall his name atm . Its a shame , he was only 62

" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

He put out some good music!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:20 pm ... and that sucks . Im no fan of modern country , especially in that last decade , but Keith was a trip and I iked his stuff and his guitar player , whom I cant recall his name atm . Its a shame , he was only 62

This sums it up perfectly.
I don’t get all tore up about celebrities passing as I didn’t know them, I’ve read posts on forums today that made think they must know him or something.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
ncrobb
Founding Member

Like Ruff, he was one of the more modern “Country” artists I liked. I always thought “As Good as I Once Was” was about me.

“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

There was a rare Editorial Page obituary for Mr. Keith in the Wall Street Journal today. Earlier I asked people to tell me the name of a song of his I might know. I don't know any of them. If he is good enough for a the middle section of the Opinion page, this guy was a true American.

R.I.P.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:17 pm There was a rare Editorial Page obituary for Mr. Keith in the Wall Street Journal today. Earlier I asked people to tell me the name of a song of his I might know. I don't know any of them. If he is good enough for a the middle section of the Opinion page, this guy was a true American.

R.I.P.
I think you’d like Courtesy of the Red White and Blue.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Toby Keith was the first country artist I even knew.

I never listened to Country Music. The only Country station where I grew had bad reception.

On one of my deployments, one of my good friends was a big country fan. He played country all the time at work. He always played Toby Keith. So I really dug it and got into Country Music. For a while the only Country artist I knew was Toby Keith.

His music is awesome and will always live on for me. Anytime I hear his music it takes me back to that hot hot Summer in the middle of nowhere. Some of the best moments of my life.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Well, I beat that guy. Sixty-two. Huh. RIP
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!