Mac Baren 7 Seas blends

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

https://mac-baren.com/7-seas/

Though they are " color packaged " similar to the Captain Black products , they are very different . I first tried the 7 Seas Royal because someone at the old site said that the 7 seas line was an attempt at the Captain Black line .Well , the MB Royal has a fruit thing going on which told me that they weren't attempting the captain Black line . CB Royal isn't fruity , its very similar to their bulk 1Q blend .Just another example of back in the day people reading something on line and the person they read probably read it as well but of course no one actually knew what they were talking about . Its like mindless repetition ... remember when the media repeated the word gravitas , in regards to GWB not having any compared to Gore [ the frigging clown btw ] . You heard the word gravitas every 3 minutes for 2 weeks . If they repeat something enough , people will believe it , so they believe ............. I'm digressing

Anyway , I didn't enjoy the MB Royal so much because I was expecting a Lane 1Q/ CB Royal type flavor and git the fruit from MB and was a little put off . Like if someone said , hey ... drink this bourbon and it turned out to be apple juice ... wtf , right . Could have been the best apple juice but your brain wasn't ready for it and had another picture already preprogramed from the offer .

7 Seas Ryal is actually really good . I always have 7 Seas Red on hand , which is their cherry , its done really well . I had one or 2 other 7 seas blends and they were good also but I dont recall which . I kinda smoked the red and thought ... that'll do .
My favorite pipe to smoke the 7 Seas Red in is my MM straight Ozark [ with the filter ] .... its a perfect combo together

Sorry for the long windedness . Im curious if you guys smoke any of the 7 Seas stuff and which you like or really think stands out ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
montag

Interesting read. I don't have any yet. They are next up on my "to try" list.

I wrote this post with great gravitas. During my service in the pipe smoking community, I took the initiative in creating gravitas.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

montag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:47 pm Interesting read. I don't have any yet. They are next up on my "to try" list.

I wrote this post with great gravitas. During my service in the pipe smoking community, I took the initiative in creating gravitas.
Yes , lol !

I think if you like American styled aromatics you'll find the 7 Seas line to be pretty damn good .... at least a few of them
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I am not against these blends. I don't smoke them regularly but I am never against someone sending me a tin. I am not asking for anyone to send me a tin. I can buy my own if I want to. I do not need to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Of all the 7 Seas blends, the red is my favorite. I actually, if I can be so bold to state this publicly, think this may be the best cherry blend. Even better than Super-Value. Even better than CAO Cherrybomb.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-Cherrybomb!

They are supposed to be the Mac Baren answer to Capt. Black. I don't really see them as equivalent. I think 7 Seas has the better blends, if we want to bring out our micrometers. It could be the packaging, tin vs. pouch. I dunno.

I wish there was a 7 Seas Purple. I would snap that up in a minute. I bet Mac Baren could blend a great grape tobacco.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've had some 7 Seas, but can't remember what one it was. I remember thinking it was not too bad, but I obviously didn't like it enough for it to become something I go to on a regular basis. Or even remember all that well.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:43 pm I am not against these blends. I don't smoke them regularly but I am never against someone sending me a tin. I am not asking for anyone to send me a tin. I can buy my own if I want to. I do not need to rely on the kindness of strangers.

Of all the 7 Seas blends, the red is my favorite. I actually, if I can be so bold to state this publicly, think this may be the best cherry blend. Even better than Super-Value. Even better than CAO Cherrybomb.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-Cherrybomb!

They are supposed to be the Mac Baren answer to Capt. Black. I don't really see them as equivalent. I think 7 Seas has the better blends, if we want to bring out our micrometers. It could be the packaging, tin vs. pouch. I dunno.

I wish there was a 7 Seas Purple. I would snap that up in a minute. I bet Mac Baren could blend a great grape tobacco.
I can send you some Red . Its the one I always have .. I think its an amazing cherry as well .

I think I want to try the 7 Seas Gold
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

A have a huge amount of Gold from @Mr Beardsley. It is a good blend.

Always wanted to try the Red, as I love all things Cherry. Even the Robtussen flavored stuff. The cough syrup cherry, I like it all.

I think the 7 Seas Black is also excellent. I’ve only had Black and Gold.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:09 am I've had some 7 Seas, but can't remember what one it was. I remember thinking it was not too bad, but I obviously didn't like it enough for it to become something I go to on a regular basis. Or even remember all that well.
When I first thought 7 seas was made to mimic CB .. I was let down . But , that not being the case , the ones Ive had have been very good as their own blend . I like that its available in bulk too . I buy the red in 8 oz quantity , which for me is a larger quantity . I buy MBGE in a pound bag and thats the only one I buy in a pound quantity , red being the next largest quantity . Really SPBC too , which is in a 12 oz bag and I love that stuff

Seven Seas Red and SPBC mixed is out of sight , imho . Depending on what ratio , its a comb that works in any combination of mix . I think Ive tried it in ever comb I could think of and its always exceptional
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm A have a huge amount of Gold from @Mr Beardsley. It is a good blend.

Always wanted to try the Red, as I love all things Cherry. Even the Robtussen flavored stuff. The cough syrup cherry, I like it all.

Damn , I could have brought red with me on this trip and traded some red for gold
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:14 pm A have a huge amount of Gold from @Mr Beardsley. It is a good blend.

This trip I brought Elizabethan, SPBC , H&H and CB gold ............. Jeez , CB Gold and spbc mixed in what ever ratio is good too . Some things just work no matter what