Killer freak show blends

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:36 am The only freak show blends I can think of are MacBaren Cube. I still have one of the Silver ones unopened.
And then WO Larsen in the blue tin.....I believe its called Signature blend. I had that years ago and liked it. Never bought another one but I did like it....for an atomatic.
Both of those are typical Danish styled aros , which are generally Virginia dominant and bright flavors and " cavendish " that isnt as steamed out as our stuff and very little black cavendish . And if theres black cavendish in it , its usually derived from virginia . Many of the German aros are like that too . They dont do it for me either but when Danes and Germans do American styled aromatics , they do it pretty good . The redcoats can make some good aromatics too , like say G&H Top Black Cherry [ or whatever they call it these days ] and its masterful

However , while on the redcoat thought .... there is a shop over there , or maybe an online shop , called Smokeking , and they have aromatics that are not only aromatic but more than likely perfumed with flavoring . I passed a tin around on the old site years ago . I think it was cherry pie ... it was so over the top , lol . I doubt they make it anymore after that thread

Back in my shop days Id order tins to try out and one tin I unfortunately ordered was Exclusiv Sherry and Cherry ... holy shit it was bad . Total freak show

Oh , while my mind is remembering things , back when Sutliff had a crap ton of Private Stock bends ... like 30 or so , they had one called Spinnaker . I dont have the words other than to say .. painful . It actually hurt . If you ever come across it , do not smoke it

Anyway , I had some coffee so which is why I just rambled
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 pm I was thinking that if @Tsal doesn't like something, I will probably like it. I am not paying twenty bucks for this. https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/208565

What were those Margaritaville blends from a few years back? Key Lime was my favorite. Being a Super-Value man, I don't usually buy tins. I would buy a tin of that key lime tobacco. I must have burned through twenty of them.
I never got around to trying those . I forget who made them . Maybe theyre still around [ ? ]
Puff nstuff

I'm really enjoying this thread - learning a lot about many blends that I probably wouldn't have purchased to try, not being an aro guy, generally. But now with some of your collective perspective there's a few things to add to the TAD list. Thanks, @Ruffinogold !
And the rest of you, too, of course. :thumbs:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:36 am The only freak show blends I can think of are MacBaren Cube. I still have one of the Silver ones unopened.
And then WO Larsen in the blue tin.....I believe its called Signature blend. I had that years ago and liked it. Never bought another one but I did like it....for an atomatic.
Those are tyical Danish styled aromatics . They dont do well with me for the most part . The Danes and Germans are obsessed with using virginia in their aros .. like all or near all virginia , which is " bright " tasting and then they add bright flavoring . Theres just little bottom end or low note flavors and it is kinda feeakish . When the Danes do American style , they do pretty good . Think like Stokkebye bulk aros . Theyre American styled but more their flavorings and thats not so bad , as an examlple .

I love Peter heinrich Blands but only their natural blends . Their aros are so bright and hot that I just cant do them and they are freak shows to me

I gotta give them credit though . Each of the Danish makers have an all black cavendish derived from Virginia only and those are really nice . MB black Ambrosia is exceptional and its available in pound bags as well as a 100 gram tin .

@Piping Abe mentioned popping a tin this weekend . I may have to dig in my tin stash and pop a MB black Ambrosia
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 pm I was thinking that if @Tsal doesn't like something, I will probably like it. I am not paying twenty bucks for this. https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobac ... _id/208565

What were those Margaritaville blends from a few years back? Key Lime was my favorite. Being a Super-Value man, I don't usually buy tins. I would buy a tin of that key lime tobacco. I must have burned through twenty of them.
Good decisio. Exotic Passion, formerly known as Orange Passion, is the worst. No tobacco taste. Just potpourri.
God and Texas!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think theres a blend out there with the word Torte in it . I forget who makes it but jeezus .... its a freakshow
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

This is what happens when you get sucked into these freak show blends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LehcJeNbFBw&t=61s
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Tsal wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm I guess the only killer freak show blend that I have on hand currently is Rattray's Orange Passion and I hate it. It's the only tobacco I ever owned that literally adheres to walls, furniture and anything within close proximity. The bag note is exciting at first but overall it's gooper central.
Man I have like three tins and I love the stuff. Lol.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Jlando19 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:01 pm
Tsal wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm I guess the only killer freak show blend that I have on hand currently is Rattray's Orange Passion and I hate it. It's the only tobacco I ever owned that literally adheres to walls, furniture and anything within close proximity. The bag note is exciting at first but overall it's gooper central.
Man I have like three tins and I love the stuff. Lol.
I like it once in a while but I couldn't smoke it everyday. :barf:
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I don't know if this is a freak show or not . If I see the word mystery ... I'm hesitant . Any one ever have this one ?