Tobacco Tin Ashtray with Cork Knocker

BlakeW1604

Does anyone have any better examples of a tobacco tin (or anything) they've converted to an ashtray with a cork knocker? I bought 10 wine bottle corks from Amazon for about $6 US shipped. Cut them in half and glued the halves into the bottom of a few tobacco tins to make portable ashtrays with knockers.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Pretty cool idea! Does it work ok?
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I take it you dont drink wine . Any time you need corks , just holler .. lol

That a good idea for a tin repurpose . I did the same thing in my man cave building but without the cork .... think Ill pop one in there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
BlakeW1604

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:36 am Pretty cool idea! Does it work ok?
Yes, they work great! Especially great for the car or when you travel. I like to smoke a pipe when I’m in the car waiting at the kids’ soccer practice. I can ash into the tin, use the knocker at the end, then close up the tin. I worry about cleaning it out when I get home.
BlakeW1604

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:20 pm I take it you dont drink wine . Any time you need corks , just holler .. lol

That a good idea for a tin repurpose . I did the same thing in my man cave building but without the cork .... think Ill pop one in there
No wine here. Add a cork to some tins and see what you think.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

BlakeW1604 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:47 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:20 pm I take it you dont drink wine . Any time you need corks , just holler .. lol

No wine here. Add a cork to some tins and see what you think.
I was thinking maybe pop a screw through the bottom up into the cork , along with some adhesive . Ill give it a go this week
Ronv69
Founding Member

A Champagne cork works great. I actually purchased a four pack of cork knockers from SP for cheap. They come with an adhesive, but it needed to be stronger. I used hot glue, but I will reglue it with E6000.
God and Texas!
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I looked at our wine cellar for a good cork but none of the boxes have one.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Plinsc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:12 am I looked at our wine cellar for a good cork but none of the boxes have one.
Lol . I hear box wine is fine . I wonder , does it keep the wine longer , say at half full , than a bottle would ?
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Lol! I was kidding around, although I do purchase box wine when I see it and it looks good, I dont cellar wine.
I enjoy several local wineries in the area that have “bar” facilities. My wife and I enjoy going drinking wine, smoking , and usually bring a bottle or two home with us.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering