What are you smoking? April 2024

Silver
Certified Codger

Having a bowl of Friar's Bayou in the Thursday cob in front of the TV. Still searching on eBay.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm Got my Savinelli st Nick out cause @Piping Abe mentioned I had to put some milage on it and he's right . @Plinsc bombed me today and I'm smoking Missouri Meerschaum 150 anniversary ... the flavoring is one of the best I've tried new in years . O f course , the mouthfeel is thin and its a touch warm but it is totally tolerable and not a big deal . Its a lovely blend and the first H&H product that I'm impressed with . The room note is so off the map
Is that the berry vanilla one? I really loved it.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm Got my Savinelli st Nick out cause @Piping Abe mentioned I had to put some milage on it and he's right . @Plinsc bombed me today and I'm smoking Missouri Meerschaum 150 anniversary ... the flavoring is one of the best I've tried new in years . O f course , the mouthfeel is thin and its a touch warm but it is totally tolerable and not a big deal . Its a lovely blend and the first H&H product that I'm impressed with . The room note is so off the map
I guess it is berry vanilla .... its an incredible flavoring !!
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:01 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:45 pm
I guess it is berry vanilla .... its an incredible flavoring !!
Indeed. I got a sample from someone. Great stuff!
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Puff nstuff

Derby Club in the Briarcraft Airo panel. What a great smoking little pipe. Thanks again, @Mr Beardsley !
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Here’s the description off their website:

Missouri Meerschaum 150th Anniversary Crumble Cake Tobacco is a blend of select Virginias and Burleys from around the world to which some mellow, Virginia-based, black Cavendish is added. A subtle amount of smooth vanilla is added before pressing, but it’s so slight that non-aromatic fans may enjoy it, too.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

The Great Dane is a cherry vanilla, it’s very smooth and I enjoyed the pouches I’ve had of it.

Missouri Meerschaum’s Great Dane Pipe Tobacco blend consists of a good portion of gently steamed black Cavendish, select Virginias, and some white Burley that have been topped with a smooth, rich combination of a deep, dark cherry, without the sharpness of the typical “maraschino” flavor, and warm notes of vanilla and caramel, for an easy-smoking blend with a lightly sweet flavor and an amazing aroma.” ~ Courtesy of TobaccoReviews.com
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the ziptie Silver Duke pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

LC Vanilla in this no name "Grapes" pot. Coffee.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Big-n-Burley in a Lorenzo Savona 725

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017