Smoking Oasis

montag

As I am outside on the back patio enjoying some Lane Ready Rubbed in a Savinelli Bing, I am also ejoying the new row of Carolina Jasmine I planted today by the fully in bloom roses.

I only smoke outside so I do my best to spruce up the backyard and pool area. Bananas, palms, roses, lavender, crape myrtle, etc are all over my backyard. I'll be transferring outdoors soon a few veggies too.

Does anyone else garden / landscape for their smoking area?
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

A blank slate I’m just starting on as we moved in December. I have two very large crape Myrtles on an east facing fence that I’m going to build our hot tub pad and area between. I’m doing ferrocement wall instead of wood fence that will have a built in SIP at the bottom, sun loving on the back side and shade on the inside. The inside will have Hostas and other shade loving plants, the sunny side may become an asparagus bed 10’ long x 2 feet wide. I’m holding 6’ away from existing fence. I just started 2- 4x4 raised beds (SIP) and 1 2 x 8 that are about 30” high.
The grills and chill are will be in front facing that making a start of our oasis.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
montag

A blank slate can be nice. Right now, I'm working to repair a outdoor lighting system that would be too expensive to replace at this time.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

@sisyphus Off Topic Posts are still not showing up in my recent Topics feed
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

This all sounds great. When I move to ND i’m hoping to get some herbs planted in our small yard. Above ground planters will make it easy. A lot of fun for the kids to grow and harvest small vegetables.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
sisyphus
Person of Interest

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:56 pm @sisyphus Off Topic Posts are still not showing up in my recent Topics feed
logout then back in

if that doesn't work flush browser cache to clear cookies
Liberty cannot be purchased by a wish.
Thomas Paine
montag

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm This all sounds great. When I move to ND i’m hoping to get some herbs planted in our small yard. Above ground planters will make it easy. A lot of fun for the kids to grow and harvest small vegetables.
Herbs are good. If you get serious about a small garden, I've use indoor germination systems when I lived in a colder climate. Most online garden places sell the setup including lights, heating mat, growing trays, etc. Otherwise, next spring you'll be timing you plant purchases with everyone else and enjoying the WWE style shopping at the local garden center.
HSigurdsson

Being near the Canadian border, we are still in the ALMOST budding stage with frost every morning. In another month our yard will come to life. My wife buys and grows a LOT of different plants and flowers, but my favorite are the "natural" flora.
We have all kinds of berry bushes....raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, elderberry...
And we have apple and pear trees everywhere. Our property used to be an apple orchard, so there are about 50 or so good apple trees around the property.
We also get all colors of flowers and all shades of green.
HSigurdsson

The only thing popping around here are the Daffodils.
They are randomly scattered all over the place.....middle of the woods, around the house, in the fields......
Im one of the rare people who like yellow flowers. I believe many people associate yellow flowers with dandelions and Golden rod.....but I like both and let the dandelions go wild in the yard.....oh yes, the dandelions are also out now. Many mornings they are covered in snow, but the snow will soon pass.
montag

Daffodils are good. Goldenrod are evil. I’m neutral on dandelions; they can be ugly in a yard but are edible.