Coffee

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Just had a Joe tall dark and handsome Keurig thing . My Keurig has 3 strength settings and three temp settings . Set it to .. 3 strength and 2 Temp ... its pretty good

in an hour or so Ill make a Moka because that last joe pod was a tease and is only meant to keep me alive long enough to get to the moka in a bit
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
HSigurdsson

Dang I used to love coffee....a lot.
But now I quit caffine and life sucks.
I used to buy coffee from Todd Carmichael from NYC.
I forgethis companies name...google him.
He had a show on TV called "Deadly Grounds" where they followed him around the jungles of the world buying rare coffee.
I bought from him long before the show.....quit not long after the show started.
The goofy show aside, he is a true coffee master and has great coffee.
Man I miss coffee.
https://www.lacolombe.com/collections/coffee
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Chock full o nuts from the grocery is the morning cup. I don't like the fancy stuff
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

rlucas wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:22 am Chock full o nuts from the grocery is the morning cup. I don't like the fancy stuff
I love CFoN! I grew up drinking it. You have good taste, Sir.
The Troll Whisperer
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Haha! We had a pot of chock this morning also! The wife likes her Keurig but I like a pot now and again.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:36 am
rlucas wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:22 am Chock full o nuts from the grocery is the morning cup. I don't like the fancy stuff
Grew up on it too . Its changed or Ive changed . Yuban changed too ... I loved Yuban up untill about 2012 or so . Both Jennifer and I .. it was all we'd drink and then one day the packaging artwork changed and so did the blend . Lol , we went through two tubs thinking somehow it has to be us ... but it wasnt . God I loved Yuban
HSigurdsson

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:39 pm
Grew up on it too . Its changed or Ive changed . Yuban changed too ... I loved Yuban up untill about 2012 or so . Both Jennifer and I .. it was all we'd drink and then one day the packaging artwork changed and so did the blend . Lol , we went through two tubs thinking somehow it has to be us ... but it wasnt . God I loved Yuban
Probably when they moved to "fair trade" beans.
I heard a lot of brands had to change their suppliers.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

HSigurdsson wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:50 pm

Probably when they moved to "fair trade" beans.
I heard a lot of brands had to change their suppliers.
Could be but I wish theyd have stayed with the unfair shit cause it really nose dived . Ive since gotten over it but I was pretty bummed about it at the time :lol:
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Doughnut Shop roast is the closest tasting to the original. Nowadays when I buy it I go with the Dark and Bold or Columbian..
The Troll Whisperer
HSigurdsson

Tsal wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:57 pm

The Doughnut Shop roast is the closest tasting to the original. Nowadays when I buy it I go with the Dark and Bold or Columbian..
The last coffee I really liked was the Dunkin Donuts brand from the grocery store. I quit caffine in ohhhhh, about 2019. But that Dunkin stuff was great!
I grew up on Hills Bros.....thats what my mommy bought for decades. :)