I'm a Sucker For Rusticated Pipes!

Rusticated

A no name made in Italy...but dang I love it! The craggier they are , the better I like 'em! It may be the best looking rusticated I've bought to date...but of course, I don't have a Sea Rock yet!

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Rusticated wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 pm A no name made in Italy...but dang I love it! The craggier they are , the better I like 'em! It may be the best looking rusticated I've bought to date...but of course, I don't have a Sea Rock yet!

Dang, if I didn't know better, I'd say that was a Jobey Stromboli. I really like that craggy, aggressive rustication too. :thumbs:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Yeah that's a nice craggy rustication. I dig it
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Great looking pipe!

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Whalehead King

Craggy is good.
Rusticated

Whalehead King wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm Craggy is good.
My wife just doesn't like craggy on me :lol:
Legion

I've just bought some rusticated & sandblasted pipes from the 1970's & 1960s.
I've 2 1970's UTOR churchwardens, with slender stems (which is heaps better looking than the wide stem on my Savinelli warden)
And I also scored 2 meerschaum lined blasted Heibe's from the 60's. Oh & I scored a rusticated Dobellman Bulldog. (Yep, I've been busy, lol)
All of them are black. They're not very craggy though.

(Yep, trying to figure out how to download pics)
Middle Earth

Primarily, I am a Brid's-Eye guy. But i do like a good blast and like serious rustication. I have a few Sea Rocks. As with tobacco blends, pipes, wimmins, firearms, whatever there is greatness in it all.
kxg

Very nice. Lots to hold onto there.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

That's a good looking root there.

You know when I first started reading about pipe craftsmanship, smooth was the ultimate goal and that high end smooth finish was mandatory for the "premium" and "perfect" stummels. And I get it. But then I read how the 'flawed' stummels were rusticated to hide the ugly, unsightly pits and crags. It kind of made me think rusticated pipes were "less than good'' pipes, just junkers hiding pits and potential burnouts. So, I was embarrassed for awhile at how much I liked rusticated pipes.

Not embarrassed anymore. I've seen too many great smokers that are beautifully and artfully rusticated, and I haven't experienced a single burnout in mine.
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?