Grabow Lives to See Another Day! Or Several Years...

Rusticated

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:53 pm

I wrote somewhere back last month that I got taken by an eBayer who sold me a pipe with repairs that weren't disclosed in the description...the lip chipped out with the first pipe cleaner run thru it. Well, I sent it back to International Pipe and they did a spectacular job of stem replacement with fast turn around time...my hats off to them...old school professionalism for a fair price!

This post by Rusticated liked by (total 16):
Kevin KeithhoutenzielFr_TomMr BeardsleysimplepipesThelonious monkfishtedBilly JoeMikeDennisonavidWhalehead KingkxgMaynardIslayphileBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogold
simplepipes

Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Great looking Vintage Grabow.

Enjoy!

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 7):
Thelonious monkfishRusticatedavidFr_TomMaynardIslayphileBruyere_Royale
avid
Member in Good Standing

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 pm

good deal
This post by avid liked by (total 5):
RusticatedFr_TomMaynardsimplepipesIslayphile
insufferable filter guy
Longshanks

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Rusticated wrote:
I wrote somewhere back last month that I got taken by an eBayer who sold me a pipe with repairs that weren't disclosed in the description...the lip chipped out with the first pipe cleaner run thru it. Well, I sent it back to International Pipe and they did a spectacular job of stem replacement with fast turn around time...my hats off to them...old school professionalism for a fair price!

How much of the stem did International Pipe actually replace? Just wondering if they recreated the whole stem and Dr G spade or simply repaired the original stem. It looks great regardless of how they did it!
This post by Longshanks liked by (total 5):
Fr_TomMaynardBruyere_RoyalesimplepipesRuffinogold
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 am

That's a really nice pipe! 💨
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
IslayphilesimplepipesFr_Tom
Tsal...
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 am

It's nice when you have a fast turn around, I on the other hand have been waiting 5 months and counting for a replacement stem on one of my Dunhills. I shall not name names but it's ridiculous.
This post by Bruyere_Royale liked by (total 3):
IslayphilesimplepipesFr_Tom
Tsal...
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Bruyere_Royale wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:51 am
It's nice when you have a fast turn around, I on the other hand have been waiting 5 months and counting for a replacement stem on one of my Dunhills. I shall not name names but it's ridiculous.
Wow that's insane. I'd be more than a little upset
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
IslayphileBruyere_RoyaleFr_Tom
May contain lead paint
Rusticated

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Rusticated wrote:

How much of the stem did International Pipe actually replace? Just wondering if they recreated the whole stem and Dr G spade or simply repaired the original stem. It looks great regardless of how they did it!
No repairs, they replaced the complete stem and polished the pipe!
This post by Rusticated liked by (total 3):
houtenzielBruyere_RoyaleRuffinogold
houtenziel
Member in Good Standing

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Rusticated wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Rusticated wrote:

So awesome they are still tooled to do that sort of work. Also, glad to see you respond.. haven't seen you around in a while. :thumbs:
Bruyere_Royale
Founding Member

Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Rusticated wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Rusticated wrote:

Is the stem ebonite or abs?
Tsal...