What's for Breakfast?

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:43 pm I have since had time to press this story through my patented King-filter, extruding it like Paladin-flavored Play Doh.

Mrs. King and I had breakfast at Flour Moon Bagels. It is a bagel shop in a new building built on the corner of North Dorgenois Street and St. Louis Street, a street that rarely sees much traffic, which is why I like it.

Now that it has been repaved, I take St. Louis Street all the time. It is an uncluttered shortcut between the French Quarter and Broad Street.

The same can be said of the Lafitte Greenway, which I also utilize in a pinch even though motorized vehicles are forbidden. Everyone waves as I pass. You will meet the nicest people on a Vespa.

The new building is built according to new city-wide environmental zoning and construction standards. That should create more affordable housing in the city. The building has a few shiny, stainless steel tanks that that can old 1000 gallons of water runoff from the roof in storm season.

Think about that: 1000 gallons. That should help stop any flooding if the levees break.

New Orleans is built on top of a swamp. The dank damp seeps into City Hall, where its moldy spores cause a city-wide miasma on par with yellow fever.

I had a long, stretched-out sesame bagel for breakfast. The girl behind the counter tried to explain it to me but I wasn’t interested. It was as I just described it, without any of the usual esoteric mumbo-jumbo and jargon. I know what a bagel is. I do not need it explained to me. It was a form of bread.

Mrs. King had some round dough concoction made with camembert cheese and french onions. The description was so long that I stopped listening. She liked it.

Flour Moon does not bake the best bagels in the world. I would not even say they are the best in New Orleans. Flour Moon is tied for first.

There is very little competition.

I had a can of Cel-Ray. Mrs. King had a can of diet cream soda.

Mrs. King and I sat and looked out over the Lafitte Greenway. Flour Moon Bagels is in the part of the greenway that is serving as a cypress sapling nursery.

Flour Moon Bagels carries Dr. Brown’s sodas. The only other places in New Orleans that carry Dr. Brown’s sodas are Stein’s Deli, naturally, and Martin’s Wine Cellar. Martin’s has stopped carrying Cel-Ray.
Enjoyed your story while eating Fresh Pancakes and local Farm grown eggs. PG Tips to drink.
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Homemade cinnamon rolls so far this morning.
The kind from a tube.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Big family breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning. I had the breakfast tacos. Yum.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ronv69
Founding Member

Bacon and egg sandwich.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Spam and egg sandwich.
God and Texas!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I had a hanger steak, well done, scrambled eggs with capers, and a green salad. I was feeling whimsical this morning.

I took the last three pieces of steak home in a box. I just finished them 10 hours later. I like this steak hot as much as I like it cold. It's good.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I love gnawing on cold steak too, great driving snack, just put it in a baggie and eat it like a payday bar.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The last tome I bought a pack of Lifesavers coconut was a flavor, they replaced it with watermelon!? Wth?
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Belgium waffles with Oscar Meyer center cut bacon.
The Troll Whisperer
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Eggs, bacon, toast n jam, cheddar cheese, coffee.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-