What's for Breakfast?

ncrobb
Founding Member

Donuts...... Oh man I hope to get to Britt’s at Carolina Beach this year. My personal favorite.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:35 am 2 jelly doughnuts and a coffee from Dunkin.
On a health kick for the new year? 😁
(I would kill for a jelly donut)
Is there a bakery or some kind of chain joint near you? The doughnuts from Dunkin are no where close to what they used to be...
There's a small donut shop in walking distance, but I can't have jelly donuts. I did have one from there a couple of years ago and they are good. When you weigh 262 pounds, you can't eat jelly donuts. 😕
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:57 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:17 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:15 pm
I have, my kids love doods! I start work at 430 so my choices of anything good are limited.
Thats great to hear. Jersey Devil is my favortie. Chocolate and Cayanne Pepper. We would drive 45 minutes one way to get them every so often.
My wife and I used to wait for a couple of hours in line at a place called m&m doughnuts in Anaheim CA for their fresh blueberry cake doughnuts. They were open from 10pm-10am or some such craziness
Houston's main donut chain is Shipleys, a local family chain. They chase the bigger donut chains out of town. They do so much business that the donuts are usually still warm.
I used to eat a half dozen in a minute.
God and Texas!
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:55 pm
Piping Abe wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:17 pm

Thats great to hear. Jersey Devil is my favortie. Chocolate and Cayanne Pepper. We would drive 45 minutes one way to get them every so often.
My wife and I used to wait for a couple of hours in line at a place called m&m doughnuts in Anaheim CA for their fresh blueberry cake doughnuts. They were open from 10pm-10am or some such craziness
Houston's main donut chain is Shipleys, a local family chain. They chase the bigger donut chains out of town. They do so much business that the donuts are usually still warm.
We have a Shipleys here in the Birmingham area. Amazing donuts. However, my all time favorite donut is an Apple fritter. The best I’ve ever had come from a small hole in the wall here called Joes Donuts. They even do a peach fritter which is spectacular
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ronv69
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:59 pm

We have a Shipleys here in the Birmingham area. Amazing donuts. However, my all time favorite donut is an Apple fritter. The best I’ve ever had come from a small hole in the wall here called Joes Donuts. They even do a peach fritter which is spectacular
Wow, I had no idea they had spread that far. I worked in Birmingham in 1968, taking inventory for a chain of convenience stores. First place I ever had a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. I loved the town for some things, like it's impossible to get lost if you can see a street sign. Railroad tracks made driving across town take forever. The steel mills were still running back then and it was the first time I saw mountains. The really bad part I won't go into, but I hear that things have changed for the better.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:51 pm
Tsal wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 pm

On a health kick for the new year? 😁
(I would kill for a jelly donut)
Is there a bakery or some kind of chain joint near you? The doughnuts from Dunkin are no where close to what they used to be...
There's a small donut shop in walking distance, but I can't have jelly donuts. I did have one from there a couple of years ago and they are good. When you weigh 262 pounds, you can't eat jelly donuts. 😕
Oh stop! Enjoy a damn doughnut. Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:51 pm When you weigh 262 pounds, you can't eat jelly donuts. 😕
How tall are you?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:17 pm

Wow, I had no idea they had spread that far. I worked in Birmingham in 1968, taking inventory for a chain of convenience stores. First place I ever had a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. I loved the town for some things, like it's impossible to get lost if you can see a street sign. Railroad tracks made driving across town take forever. The steel mills were still running back then and it was the first time I saw mountains. The really bad part I won't go into, but I hear that things have changed for the better.
It’s a great city! But has its downsides just like any other. I live in the sticks to get peace and quite but we’re close enough to go into town for nice dinners and such. Best of both worlds.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ronv69
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:38 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:17 pm

It’s a great city! But has its downsides just like any other. I live in the sticks to get peace and quite but we’re close enough to go into town for nice dinners and such. Best of both worlds.
Be glad you live now.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:05 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:51 pm When you weigh 262 pounds, you can't eat jelly donuts. 😕
How tall are you?
I was 6'0 before I broke my leg a couple of times. With an orthopedic shoe I still am.
God and Texas!