Merry Christmas from PSF!

sisyphus
Person of Interest

I wrote the following for a blog I used to have in 2012. I used to repost it every December because the sentiment was true every year, and it's no less true here at PSF:
Peace on Earth, good will toward men.

I have two beautiful sons who taught me the real meaning of unconditional love, and who have made me love Christmas again. For so many years I ran from the ghosts of Christmas.....the specters of friends and family no longer present who I deeply missed, the trail of wreckage caused by a life lived to excess, loss I couldn't cope with. The joy was gone for me and this time of year just reminded me how empty I was.

Slowly the wounds healed and as I built a family of my own I relearned the most important thing; that there is nothing more important in this world than to love and to be loved. You are never too far gone or too far away from redemption. You have to make yourself vulnerable to reap life's greatest reward, and it's worth it. Every bit of it. For no matter how successful you are, no matter how great your achievements, it's all empty and meaningless without people. People are the only thing in this world with any real importance. The rest is just dust.

I really try to apply that to how I deal with people outside of my immediate circle. All people were children once, and when you look at it that way, it's hard to dislike anyone too much. Every human being is deserving of your good will. Some won't be interested in it, but that's ok. They've just forgotten what's really important in life. They've forgotten that they were once children. Hopefully they'll remember someday.

I wish each and every one of you the merriest of Christmases. I hope you find yourself surrounded with people you love and who love you. I hope that all of your Christmas dreams come true, and I hope the new year brings you prosperity and happiness. Merry Christmas!
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Middle Earth

Really can't say it enough
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
And general holiday enjoyment and blessings to all
I agree, may 2019 bring you all joy and happiness
God Bless and God Speed
Tsal
Forum Decorum

sisyphus wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:59 pm I wrote the following for a blog I used to have in 2012. I used to repost it every December because the sentiment was true every year, and it's no less true here at PSF:

I have two beautiful sons who taught me the real meaning of unconditional love, and who have made me love Christmas again. For so many years I ran from the ghosts of Christmas.....the specters of friends and family no longer present who I deeply missed, the trail of wreckage caused by a life lived to excess, loss I couldn't cope with. The joy was gone for me and this time of year just reminded me how empty I was.

Slowly the wounds healed and as I built a family of my own I relearned the most important thing; that there is nothing more important in this world than to love and to be loved. You are never too far gone or too far away from redemption. You have to make yourself vulnerable to reap life's greatest reward, and it's worth it. Every bit of it. For no matter how successful you are, no matter how great your achievements, it's all empty and meaningless without people. People are the only thing in this world with any real importance. The rest is just dust.

I really try to apply that to how I deal with people outside of my immediate circle. All people were children once, and when you look at it that way, it's hard to dislike anyone too much. Every human being is deserving of your good will. Some won't be interested in it, but that's ok. They've just forgotten what's really important in life. They've forgotten that they were once children. Hopefully they'll remember someday.

I wish each and every one of you the merriest of Christmases. I hope you find yourself surrounded with people you love and who love you. I hope that all of your Christmas dreams come true, and I hope the new year brings you prosperity and happiness. Merry Christmas!
Thank you, brother!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

sisyphus wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:59 pm I wrote the following for a blog I used to have in 2012. I used to repost it every December because the sentiment was true every year, and it's no less true here at PSF:

My eyes are leaking a bit. Thanks, brother.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
ncrobb
Founding Member

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Peace. Of Christ be with us all . I hope everyone has a wonderful day and their new year is one full of blessings .... which would be awesome ! For myself , I'd very much enjoy a year without a s••• show , in the least
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

My homily tonight was "Christmas Every Day!"

Have a great one...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
unregistered1

That is a great text, really meaningful.
Merry Christmas, everyone!
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.' :D
Frank Zappa
Doctor Willet

That was a really awesome post sisyphus. This time of year was once very hard for me to get through, for reasons similar to what you described. However, as I was reminded last night on Christmas Eve, that was twelve years ago; every year since then has gotten a lot easier.
I wish a very Merry Christmas to you and yours! :king:
And miles to go before I sleep.