Latest Tobacco Purchase 2018

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

rekamepip wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:14 am Figured I could use 500g of Grasmere and the Mocha Strips seem like a good gamble so threw a pound on the order as well.
What did you think of the Mocha Strips?
They're good, thinking some age might make them better. Very light, both in nicotine and flavor, no real bass note or mocha flavor. The topping is familiar, I've had some tinned Sutliff blend with it but can't recollect. Wish it had more depth and nicotine, some Kentucky in the mix would have been great for it. I clipped the flakes to fit so most of a pound is waiting patiently for the fullness of time in a jar while I get familiar with the trimmings. Mixed roughly 1:1 with Perique is nice, still feeling this one out but for the price it's a great deal on a aromatic flake. I don't like Cavendish so this works for me as the only other aro I keep around is SWRA.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

That feeling you get when you receive an email special from iwan ries that an Esoterica blend is available just for you
when you just spent your budget somewhere else
:cry:
Splodger

My big sis in London came through. It's not a pretty picture, but it completes the set.

Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind - Henry James
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

rekamepip wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:12 pm That feeling you get when you receive an email special from iwan ries that an Esoterica blend is available just for you
when you just spent your budget somewhere else
:cry:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

While perusing the watch city site today I decided that my slices and crumb cut were lonely so I ordered
8oz flake 558
2 4oz packs of the 4th nun returns
4oz nor'easter
4oz ahab's comfort
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
kxg

kxg

This is a beautiful sight and a better view of the Mac Baren Flake - can't remember if this was the Burley or Navy.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

kxg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm This is a beautiful sight and a better view of the Mac Baren Flake - can't remember if this was the Burley or Navy.

That is as pretty as bacon. :P
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm
kxg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:59 pm This is a beautiful sight and a better view of the Mac Baren Flake - can't remember if this was the Burley or Navy.

That is as pretty as bacon. :P
there is a slight resemblence
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

PS Amsterdam in a Starfire pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017