Latest Tobacco Purchase 2019

Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:57 pm
Longshanks wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 pmBut I really like the coconutty flavor of H&H so it kinda bums me out.
You've tried Burley Light Without Bite? Different but has a coconut note to me and it allegedly is without bite. A little, or a lot, of Perique is great with it, makes it like chocolate. Also very little nicotine, wish there were more.
Veddy eeenteresting. :-) Might have to try that. Thx for the info. :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Grabbed an 8oz tin of gentleman caller to add to my stash. My current jar has just under 2 years age on it and the other night I was reminded why it's my favorite deer tongue blend
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Tried the smokingpipes estate/credit deal but before the credit was applied, which was quite fair, somebody grabbed the pipe I was after, jerk. Luckily there was a consolation prize, one I've also been watching for. So I used some house monies and scooped up another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to keep it company.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am Tried the smokingpipes estate/credit deal but before the credit was applied, which was quite fair, somebody grabbed the pipe I was after, jerk. Luckily there was a consolation prize, one I've also been watching for. So I used some house monies and scooped up another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to keep it company.

Just for future knowledge you can call or email the folks over there and tell them what pipe you're interested in and ask them to hold it for you until the deal is complete.

Looks like you scored a beauty anyway
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:43 am
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 am Tried the smokingpipes estate/credit deal but before the credit was applied, which was quite fair, somebody grabbed the pipe I was after, jerk. Luckily there was a consolation prize, one I've also been watching for. So I used some house monies and scooped up another pound of HH Burley Flake and Sutliff Match RR to keep it company.

Just for future knowledge you can call or email the folks over there and tell them what pipe you're interested in and ask them to hold it for you until the deal is complete.

Looks like you scored a beauty anyway
Thank you, sir, this is good to know.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

I just grabbed a tin of Malthouse by Dan. I've never tried it.. Gonna fire up a nice bowl tonight with some hot tea... Cheers!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

A tin of Star of the East
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:03 pm I've visited cigarbid.com too often. I wound up with 40 cigars...a series of eight five-packs, for very little money. Worst part is, I have absolutely zero knowledge of cigars! As I've said before, "Cigarbid is the DEBBIL!" :twisted:
Cigars don't require any knowledge really, aside from how to store them(assuming they aren't dry cured). I used to keep my stash in one of those snapware containers with a 68% Boveda humidity pack. I had a few different cutters, but settled in to just cutting the first cap off with my Old Timer. I started doing this after seeing Pete Johnson(of Tatuaje) score the first cap with his thumbnail pinch it off and light up. As with pipes, there are no rules.. only zealots who want you to think so.
Well that's a relief! I bit a cap off one (saw it in a western) and poked a few holes in the end of another with a couple of toothpicks. I think the pocket knife sounds like a plan
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-