Colossus Pipe Factory (C.P.F.) oldie with real Amber stem!!

racinghoss

I love going to antique stores and looking for pipes (and old cast iron pans).

A couple weeks ago I found a real treasure trove of neat stuff at great prices. The crown jewel is this small C.P.F. with an amber stem. I paid $13, and plan to take it to Boswell's to see if they can help bring it back to it's former glory. I really can't find to much on it, other than pipedia and the same points that seem to be regurgitated over and over, but it looks like it was made around 1890.

Any help or history on this fella would be appreciated.

Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Neat! :thumbs:
rekamepip
Codger in Training

very nice !
Bigflo

It’s a beautiful pipe for sure congratulations I hope it comes back to life soon
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Dang that's a great find!! Don't know much about the brand specifically, but what a great looking shape and stem. And who can beat the price??? Love it! Grats! :thumbs:
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wowzers! Love it.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Beautiful pipe !! Is it real amber or some other material , not that it matters ... It's gorgoues
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

What a pipe!
racinghoss

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:10 pm Beautiful pipe !! Is it real amber or some other material , not that it matters ... It's gorgoues
It's definitely real amber. I plan to take it to Boswell's and let them work it back to shape. They are semi-local.
gchiaram

Hi everyone,

yesterday I bought a batch of several old cups that I think are from CPF (one at least has that stamp, and the others an anchor, a star and an eagle on the metal frame). The problem is that I have no way to upload the photos. If anyone can help me, I gladly share them.

Regards

Gustavo