"Stuff and Things"

oubobcat

I find this YouTube channel helpful for tobacco reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyzAMe ... NXOXN584aw

There are currently 105 blends reviewed there. As I said, I have found the reviews helpful
Big fan for Kramer's Father Dempsey
Peacock

Thanks for sharing!
“Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes.”
- The Results and Merits of Tobacco, 1844, Doctor Barnstein
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

oubobcat wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:12 am I find this YouTube channel helpful for tobacco reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyzAMe ... NXOXN584aw

There are currently 105 blends reviewed there. As I said, I have found the reviews helpful
I've been watching our "good friend Bradly's" reviews for a couple of years and I think that he's the best tobacco reviewer on YouTube. He does a really good job of describing everything from the cut of the tobacco to the types of tobacco in the blend, as well as the tin note, room note, taste and even the nicotine content. I may not agree with him on everything but he's pretty spot on most of the time and among the many people giving reviews on pipe tobaccos out there his reviews are I think by far the most thorough. :thumbs:
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Disclaimer: I think YouTube is probably the best at spreading misinformation and hyping junk products for pipe smokers. I've really become not a fan at all.

Ol Bradley grates on my nerves for some reason. I will say he doesn't fuel the hype train or spread bad info, at least as far as I can tell. But his hipster ways, and mannerisms, and pinky out everything combined with the fact that it takes him 30 minutes to get to the freaking point he makes me want to punch cute furry things in the face.

Long story short, I don't watch :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:48 pm Disclaimer: I think YouTube is probably the best at spreading misinformation and hyping junk products for pipe smokers. I've really become not a fan at all.

Ol Bradley grates on my nerves for some reason. I will say he doesn't fuel the hype train or spread bad info, at least as far as I can tell. But his hipster ways, and mannerisms, and pinky out everything combined with the fact that it takes him 30 minutes to get to the freaking point he makes me want to punch cute furry things in the face.

I think you eloquently summed up how I feel, both about YouTube, and Bradley. Every time I've decided to watch one of his vids, I find myself thinking.. when are you gonna land this plane?! He's a little too self indulgent for me. I'd much rather read a no-BS review from Fr_Tom, or maybe even Gentleman Zombie over on TR.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:02 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:48 pm Disclaimer: I think YouTube is probably the best at spreading misinformation and hyping junk products for pipe smokers. I've really become not a fan at all.

I think you eloquently summed up how I feel, both about YouTube, and Bradley. Every time I've decided to watch one of his vids, I find myself thinking.. when are you gonna land this plane?! He's a little too self indulgent for me. I'd much rather read a no-BS review from Fr_Tom, or maybe even Gentleman Zombie over on TR.
Exactly! Give me the honest blow by blow and be on your merry way.
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Maynard

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:18 pm

Exactly! Give me the honest blow by blow and be on your merry way.
Yep .
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

I actually agree with you to an extent. Bradly does go a little long some times, he probably has political and social views that would rub me the wrong way and I probably wouldn't be caught hanging out with him at Starbucks over a latte or anything but I think that he gives a pretty thorough review on pipe tobacco. ;)
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I've watched'im from time to time. Sometimes I've found him entertaining and helpful. Other times I've grunted a disgusted "hipster!" and closed the video.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

I can't get into channels like this.
I like the Breman Pipe guy, he always goes "Mmm" in between every puff and I think it's some kind of nervous tick. Lol.. He's a Historian I think and he's always on a location somewhere interesting talking about it.
The Troll Whisperer