What's For Supper?

Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

I just smashed 4 chicken booby halves and flattened to about 1/2” thick, then I seasoned with salt, pepper and a little dried basil.
Sifted flour over them, then sunk in a bowl of eggs, then dragged through Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
I fried in olive oil just till they were golden in color. Then into baking dish where I coated with 2 Tbl s of tomatoe sauce each, added mozzarella and provolone cheese, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese on top. Drizzle with olive oil.
450 for 15-20 minutes and the chicken is ready for the chicken parm dish, elbow noodles under it for eating.
The chicken is the star and not overly sauced or cheeseed. I put it on sparingly.
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Plinsc wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:06 pm I just smashed 4 chicken booby halves and flattened to about 1/2” thick, then I seasoned with salt, pepper and a little dried basil.
Sifted flour over them, then sunk in a bowl of eggs, then dragged through Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
I fried in olive oil just till they were golden in color. Then into baking dish where I coated with 2 Tbl s of tomatoe sauce each, added mozzarella and provolone cheese, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese on top. Drizzle with olive oil.
450 for 15-20 minutes and the chicken is ready for the chicken parm dish, elbow noodles under it for eating.
The chicken is the star and not overly sauced or cheeseed. I put it on sparingly.
That sounds yummay!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:08 pm
Plinsc wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:06 pm I just smashed 4 chicken booby halves and flattened to about 1/2” thick, then I seasoned with salt, pepper and a little dried basil.
That sounds yummay!
Are you the guy on the broth diet?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:34 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:08 pm
That sounds yummay!
Are you the guy on the broth diet?
That's me, though I'm expanding it to include some soft foods.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 am
I walked to a place called Smoke & Honey this morning. I know I am talking about breakfast in the supper thread but I don't really care.

Mrs. King and I went there yesterday and we enjoyed it. It is very unlike me to like anything new. I had it in my head to return today for breakfast because of one thing on the menu.

For breakfast today, I had a glass of dry white wine and matzoh ball soup. The menu says the soup is made of chicken bone broth. I thought of you. It was good soup.

The matzoh balls were soft, too. Chicken soup for the soul, if you will. Maybe you would like it. I did.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 am
I walked to a place called Smoke & Honey this morning. I know I am talking about breakfast in the supper thread but I don't really care.

Mrs. King and I went there yesterday and we enjoyed it. It is very unlike me to like anything new. I had it in my head to return today for breakfast because of one thing on the menu.

For breakfast today, I had a glass of dry white wine and matzoh ball soup. The menu says the soup is made of chicken bone broth. I thought of you. It was good soup.

The matzoh balls were soft, too. Chicken soup for the soul, if you will. Maybe you would like it. I did.
I probably would have. And it sounds like a nice place to be.
Puff nstuff

Last night's was a sheet pan dinner of kielbasa and mixed veggies all roasted up together, warm French bread with roasted garlic smeared over it, and a simple salad. The kielbasa was from Ashland in Illinois, and was delicious.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Silver
Certified Codger

Tonight was a salad of grilled chicken and grilled hearts of romaine.
Ronv69
Founding Member

1/3 of a 3 pound tomahawk steak medium rare, baked potato and a salad. Came out great like a prime rib.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ham steak with homemade scalloped potatoes, to heck with the box crap!
The Troll Whisperer