What's For Supper?

pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

fingall wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:43 pm
pipedrum22 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:24 pm Some friends came over and brought us some Greek food so we didn’t have to cook while dealing with a newborn. Always great to have friends help take care of you.
It really is. Congratulations on the birth of your baby.
Thank you! Also dinner at your house sounds amazing. My family is Italian so that’s right in my wheelhouse 😂
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Pizza. Pepperoni, extra cheese, thin crust. From the local dive. Just freakin' amazing.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:28 pm Pizza. Pepperoni, extra cheese, thin crust. From the local dive. Just freakin' amazing.
Great minds think alike. Tonight is a night for pizza.

Thin crust with half the usual mozzarella. Anchovies, bleu cheese, and pineapple. I know, I know. Don't knock it until you try it.

I cannot eat this every day, but every couple of weeks, I get to hankering for a flavor bomb. This combo delivers flavor in spades. I have to bring my own tin of anchovies. They drain the tin and judiciously place them on the pizza where they think they will do the most good, in their professional opinion.

I have no complaints.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Puff nstuff

Tonight I'm making an easy baked dish that was one of my favorites as a kid. My mom used to make it and passed the recipe on to me: Sherried Beef. It's basically stew meat baked with a can of cream of mushroom soup, some Lipton onion soup mix, and red wine or sherry. Served over plain brown rice, with some good bread, steamed cauliflower, and a simple salad.
I love the smell this imparts on the whole house.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:24 pm Tonight I'm making an easy baked dish that was one of my favorites as a kid. My mom used to make it and passed the recipe on to me: Sherried Beef. It's basically stew meat baked with a can of cream of mushroom soup, some Lipton onion soup mix, and red wine or sherry. Served over plain brown rice, with some good bread, steamed cauliflower, and a simple salad.
Sounds good!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:50 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:24 pm Tonight I'm making an easy baked dish that was one of my favorites as a kid. My mom used to make it and passed the recipe on to me: Sherried Beef. It's basically stew meat baked with a can of cream of mushroom soup, some Lipton onion soup mix, and red wine or sherry. Served over plain brown rice, with some good bread, steamed cauliflower, and a simple salad.
Sounds good!
I was thinking the same thing. The thought of it is making me hungry.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Burger and carrot cake to go.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:32 pm Image
Went out with some friends last night and attempted to eat my weight in sushi. Been a long time, enjoy!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin