Thrift Store Tobacciana

Ronv69
Founding Member

New Braunfels was the first antiquing trip that I ever took with my first wife. Always a lot of good stuff there. Of course, I haven't been there in 50 years.
God and Texas!
Jlando19

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:18 am
Jlando19 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:12 pm I found this cool antique shop in a little town 20 minutes from where I live. They had some tobacco related goods and the owner told me that there are pipes brought in pretty regularly they just didn’t have any that day. I didn’t even explore the whole place, like not even the whole first floor or the basement but here’s what I saw.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
New Braunfels?
This is in Blanco!
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ronv69 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 am New Braunfels was the first antiquing trip that I ever took with my first wife. Always a lot of good stuff there. Of course, I haven't been there in 50 years.
I have never been there. Mrs. King is German and I would like to take her so she can complain that New Braunfels is ersatz Deutsch. We are never in the neighborhood. I do, however always send my sister's family a New Braunfel's Smokehouse platter for Christmas every year.

https://www.nbsmokehouse.com/?gclid=Cj0 ... cvEALw_wcB
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:58 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 am New Braunfels was the first antiquing trip that I ever took with my first wife. Always a lot of good stuff there. Of course, I haven't been there in 50 years.
I have never been there. Mrs. King is German and I would like to take her so she can complain that New Braunfels is ersatz Deutsch. We are never in the neighborhood. I do, however always send my sister's family a New Braunfel's Smokehouse platter for Christmas every year.

https://www.nbsmokehouse.com/?gclid=Cj0 ... cvEALw_wcB
I spent 2 honeymoons there in the 70s. It was lovely. Most of the restaurant workers spoke German as their first language. Lagrange was the same. It's all changed now I'm sure. Fredericksburg is one of the most obviously German towns, but many of the towns in South Central Texas have a strong German heritage.
God and Texas!