What Are You Smoking March 2019

ncrobb
Founding Member

My March Meer smoking came to a halt. We drove back across the mountain yesterday to TN and I left my meers in NC. Oh well, I’ve got a modded MM cob here somewhere. In the meantime it’s RLP-6 in a Sav POY Canadian.

@tsal, enjoy it brother. Those are GOOD times.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
Mrm1775

Fvf in a MM Gent with black coffee. Sitting at the workbench cleaning pipes.
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

houtenziel wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 am
Johnny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am
Peacock wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:21 am
Curious to see what this pipe looks like after this month! It really is a cool shape
It's only on the sixth bowl. Been smoking the horn more. I probably need to wax them. I have the wax, just need to track down some corks
Being that they are brand new, you probably don't need to re-wax for a while. You really only need to re-wax when it looks like the surface is starting dull. If you smoke or handle your pipe a lot, then maybe every 3-4 months at the most.
Thanks Hout! I didn't know that. I thought you just waxed to bring out the color
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Lunch is done and trying some Three Sails in the IMP panel

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

OJK in the Rob Roy
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

Appalachian Blend in the Pete Meer while getting my Peterson St Patrick's Day 2006 pipe ready for tomorrow. I bought the pipe off of ebay and the previous owner REALLY abused it. The bowl was almost completely closed with cake, it's taking nearly half a bottle of Murphy's to get the carbon build up off of the rim, there's damage to the rim from being knocked on a hard surface and worst of all... he apparently didn't like the P lip so he cut the stem off with what looks to have been a hacksaw! :roll:
I'm filing the end down a little and forming some kind of a lip on the end but I'm eventually going to send the bowl to Peterson to replace the stem.
I'll post pics of the pipe tomorrow after I'm done cleaning him up. :D
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!
Bamarick

MB Golden Extra from Mr. Hout in the Thermofilter. It's my "try" pipe as it smokes very well and has a small bowl which is just the right size to give a new tobacco a "try". After finishing the smoke I made myself a promise that the next bowl of it would be in a pot. Upon opening the bag my wife proclaimed it to have a Chocolate odor. While I didn't detect that myself I did detect the odor of what I think is a well aged Burley. I hereby proclaim it to be good!

Last edited by Bamarick on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Johnny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 am
Johnny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am

It's only on the sixth bowl. Been smoking the horn more. I probably need to wax them. I have the wax, just need to track down some corks
Being that they are brand new, you probably don't need to re-wax for a while. You really only need to re-wax when it looks like the surface is starting dull. If you smoke or handle your pipe a lot, then maybe every 3-4 months at the most.
Thanks Hout! I didn't know that. I thought you just waxed to bring out the color
That's why I do it and boy, does it give them a warmth that no amount of smoking can bring out!
FJB
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm
Johnny wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:45 am

That's why I do it and boy, does it give them a warmth that no amount of smoking can bring out!
This is also colloquially known as "cheating". :lol:
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Bamarick wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:21 pm MB Golden Extra from Mr. Hout in the Thermofilter. It's my "try" pipe as it smokes very well and has a small bowl which is just the right size to give a new tobacco a "try". After finishing the smoke I made myself a promise that the next bowl of it would be in a pot. Upon opening the bag my wife proclaimed it to have a Chocolate odor. While I didn't detect that myself I did detect the odor of what I think is a well aged Burley. I hereby proclaim it to be good!
You really can't go wrong with golden extra. It's one that I have a few ounces of and plan on getting more
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin