Ennerdale

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

This review is another old one from January 2016. Ruff send me some Ennerdale from 2015 and 2006 so I lit it up and recorded my stream of consciousness. lol
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Different is the best word for it ! What's interesting is that people say it's the most Lakeland flavored but I fi condor and others to be way " funkier " .

It's one I can enjoy at about the same rate as Germains plum cake , aka smoke preference of the wood fairies . Every so often they are a trip and enjoyable . I reckon some people smoke them they day , though I couldn't
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin , for 26 ... yer look in a little rough, just sayin :lol:
Ray Mackessy
Man About Town

Kevin, I had the same reaction to the blend that you did. I bought a tin last year and was sort of on the fence about whether I liked it or not. I sealed it up in a mason jar and will revisit it in a couple of years, if I'm still around. Maybe some age on it will change my mind.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

It smells like the pomander in my grandma's underwear drawer. I can do Kendal Flake now and then, but most of these scented flakes leave me cold.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
cowboysurfer201
Founding Member

I just tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I actually really enjoyed it from the impression my first couple of smokes gave me. Although the smell out of the tin is pretty strong.
keensmoke
Founding Member

When I'm in the mood, I really like it. For me its worth having a jar around but not a regular smoke by any means. The base tobacco is quite good imo and ages nicely, and the flavor hangs on more than typical aromatics when aged.
Whalehead King

I like these flowery blends. Remember when we sampled No Name, LJ Piretti's burley/lavender blend? I was the only one who really liked it.

I smoked a lot of No Name when I lived in Boston and I could just pop into Piretti's shop and pick up an ounce or two.

Whenever I'm in England and I go out in the morning to buy a newspaper, I see Condor for sale at the corner shop. I don't bring my pipe with me to England, so I've never tried it. I'm happy with No Name and M79 when I want something a little more floral. I don't need any foreign Lakelands in my pipe. I like burley, I suppose, but if you asked me what the difference is between burley and any other tobacco, I wouldn't be able to tell you. They both smoke and that's good enough for my tastes. High standards, I know.

When we sampled No Name, we also sampled Cuban Mixture from Piretti, two totally different blends. No Name is more "ladylike," if you will. Cuban Mixture is all macho testosterone. We should do that again. It'll help keep Piretti in business one ounce at a time. It was a fun experiment comparing our impressions and this time Ruff and I promise not to cut up and fill pages and pages of introduction before the tobacco finally arrives in our mailboxes.

Is anyone game for this project? Here is Piretti's burley catalogue so you can read their descriptions: http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-to ... urley.html. Get a taste of history.

This should probably be a new thread. If there is any interest, I'll start a new one for the No Name/Cuban Challenge. Sorry to derail the commentary on this insightful Ennerdale review. I was captivated by the video. If anyone can have two more different accents than KK and I, and still be Americans, I have yet to meet those two people.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Whalehead King wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:17 pm I like these flowery blends. Remember when we sampled No Name, LJ Piretti's burley/lavender blend? I was the only one who really liked it.

I smoked a lot of No Name when I lived in Boston and I could just pop into Piretti's shop and pick up an ounce or two.

Whenever I'm in England and I go out in the morning to buy a newspaper, I see Condor for sale at the corner shop. I don't bring my pipe with me to England, so I've never tried it. I'm happy with No Name and M79 when I want something a little more floral. I don't need any foreign Lakelands in my pipe. I like burley, I suppose, but if you asked me what the difference is between burley and any other tobacco, I wouldn't be able to tell you. They both smoke and that's good enough for my tastes. High standards, I know.

When we sampled No Name, we also sampled Cuban Mixture from Piretti, two totally different blends. No Name is more "ladylike," if you will. Cuban Mixture is all macho testosterone. We should do that again. It'll help keep Piretti in business one ounce at a time. It was a fun experiment comparing our impressions and this time Ruff and I promise not to cut up and fill pages and pages of introduction before the tobacco finally arrives in our mailboxes.

Is anyone game for this project? Here is Piretti's burley catalogue so you can read their descriptions: http://www.ljperetti.com/l-j-peretti-to ... urley.html. Get a taste of history.

This should probably be a new thread. If there is any interest, I'll start a new one for the No Name/Cuban Challenge. Sorry to derail the commentary on this insightful Ennerdale review. I was captivated by the video. If anyone can have two more different accents than KK and I, and still be Americans, I have yet to meet those two people.

Let's do it !

I made two videos of Ennerdale a year ago or so . I think one was from 2006 and the other way more current . The underwater drawer flavor dissipates a good bit , pretty quick after the char light , but never goes away . I liked the 2006 better than fresh because it wasn't as potent in the underwater drawer flavoring after having sat some years .
Really , it wasn't awful , like condor is to me for some reason and I could see how some sick bastid might enjoy it. I have a bowl of it here and there , kinda at the same frequency as Germains plum cake , which isn't very often either .
When I was last in England , back in 2002 , the only pipe tobacco I could find in the area I was at , which was 150 miles north of London , was St. Bruno ..... I almost threw up . I couldn't find anything else , it was pathetic . What sucked was that I didn't bring a ton of tobacco with me because I figured I'd be buying Mick McQuaid etc .... that didn't happen
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Oh , I forgot to mention that the very light top note on Sutliff Burley Delight , is similar to no name but way way way lighter . It's quite good and makes for a little " pizzazz " to an otherwise somewhat flat smoke .

I need to send @whaleheadking some to try